Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is anyone considering the NG commodore after their VF?

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
I just did 5000KM trip in the wife's Aurion and it has nearly 90,000KM up on it now, still is like it was when new, goes better on E10 than 91 unleaded for sure, I got it up to 230KM/H on one straight, I got pulled up at a breath and drug test and was asked if it was my car, I said it's the wife's and the cop said, so he is thrashing your car then and I said flat to the boards.
I don't mind the Aurion she quicker than the commodore V6 are, but on dirt roads Aurions are crap and pushing them real hard around tight corners so it's not my cup of tea, not a real mans car but not bad for a wife's car, she could of got a Camry I would not want to drive that crap at all as it would be about as boring and pathetic limp as the greens and the Labour party are.

I expect the New Holden V6 commodore will go better with that 8 speed auto box and the all wheel drive should make cornering just as good as a rear wheel drive hopefully, so I think it will be a good car to drive hard and fast.
I think the new V6 commodore will surprise people who own all the other V6 commodores and impress the V8 drivers for it being a V6, as the 8 speed auto will just flog the old V6 6speed auto for sure if the ratios are good, it may put it close to V8 times and be way better on fuel.

The all wheel drive setup is not the third rate power Robbing rubbish that they had in the VZ.
Zeke, i agree that some things are better than others in particular areas.

But some, like yourself and I are after one that can do it all.

I only came back because, it's made for this country, parts are cheaper, everyone knows how to work on them, and it finally sounds and handles like like a great car should. FINALLY!

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
OK, remember when Jaguar wanted to build the X-type using the Ford Mondeo platform. The first thing they did was to put an ALL Wheel drivetrain in it because the boss said that front wheel drive wasn't going to cut it. They did a bloody good job styling that car and it does look like a Jag to me. After the initial release and public acceptance of a Jag built using a Ford Mondeo platform and because there were already a bunch on the roads, they started producing an entry level X-type without the rear differential. The front wheel drive models snuck in. The strategy was to get the new car accepted by the traditional and aspirational Jag customers and later they saved some money by building the same car with less bits.
Holden should do the same. We know it is an Opel Insignia and they should follow the Jaguar marketing example. If we accept the car with ALL Wheel drive and V6, then they can sneak in the 4cyl FrontWheelDrive after.
4cyl Front Wheel Drive is a different buyer.

Last edited:

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Adza, sure as **** it wont last as long as current model Pajero.

And the Lancer. They’ve had the current shape for about 10 years. It’s funny because when they were both released they were near the top of their respective classes.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
What else would the Camaro be but a Chevrolet , GM have killed off Pontiac , Oldsmobile , both names with a longer history than Holden , so would they care if the name dies.
I'd have put Holden on it, here.
Then offer a $300 bow-tie-badge kit, Chev floor mats, Chev mud flaps, a $200 Chevrolet umbrella for the boot etc.

M

mwb235

NG = No Go / Not Good (take your pick)

That said, if there’s a AWD 3.6 Calais V then maybe

Thof

JR Sen
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY13 VF SSV sedan - Phantom
Is anyone running a book, that whilst the NG is coming from Europe, it will only be a couple of years and the NG "series 2" will be made in China... now to check sports bet and the like for odds... (A Buick NG in China?)

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
Is anyone running a book, that whilst the NG is coming from Europe, it will only be a couple of years and the NG "series 2" will be made in China... now to check sports bet and the like for odds... (A Buick NG in China?)

aren't we a part of china, that's the way were going, maybe we will manufacture cars here again :mad:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
NG = No Go / Not Good (take your pick)

That said, if there’s a AWD 3.6 Calais V then maybe
May not be badged Calais V, but there’s going to be a spec-level of ZB that’s a ~8-year-newer equivalent of a 6cyl Calais V & with AWD.

Last edited:

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
According to the news.com.au from 2013, that was a done deal for 2017.

The 2017 Holden Commodore will be made in China
December 14, 2013 2:33pm

The 2017 Holden Commodore could come from China where it will also be sold as a Buick. Artist impression by Martin Banks.Source:Supplied
Joshua Dowling National Motoring Editor
News Corp Australia Network

THE Holden Commodore of the future will be as Australian as the shirts on our backs: it will likely be made in China.

To gain approval to develop a new Commodore, General Motors did a top-secret deal with Holden to pair the next generation sedan with a Buick that was originally exclusive to the Chinese market.

Holden won the contract to design the car, which was then due to be built in Australia and China.

But now that Holden has decided to shut its Elizabeth car assembly line in 2017, China is poised to become the sole producer of the vehicle.

Documents obtained by News Corp Australia confirm every Holden fan's worst nightmare: the next generation Commodore will be a front-wheel-drive car powered by a four-cylinder engine.

Every top-selling Holden since the birth of the company in 1948 has been a six-cylinder, rear-wheel-drive sedan.

The last time Holden sold a four-cylinder Commodore in the early 1980s, sales tanked.

The four-cylinder Ford Falcon released last year has also failed to boost sales, accounting for less than 10 per cent of deliveries.

Holden insiders are now fighting to make a V6 available as an option on the future Commodore.

When asked why Holden would continue with the Commodore badge given that the 2017 version bears no resemblance to the models before it, a Holden insider said: "It's easier to explain to buyers that something has changed about a car they know, than to say 'Here's the new Holden XYZ'."
93aaa1990b8141a48a622edab80accd6

images

The 2017 Commodore will lose its practical box-shaped body and instead take on sleek styling cues from Europe.

Last edited:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I love the way these articles refer to Holden's sales tanking when fitted with 4 cylinder engines in the past. It wasn't so much the fact that they only had four cylinders, it was the fact that they drove like they only had two.

That's hardly likely to be the case with the ZB.