Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Scuff prevention

LodiBruce

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Chevy SS Sedan
How about these? LOL. B.

Attachments

• curbfinder.jpg
    curbfinder.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 167

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
How hard could it be to get 4 cheap reverse cameras fixed under the wheel arches connected up to a cheap 4 channel security board and plugged into a small tablet .

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
How hard could it be to get 4 cheap reverse cameras fixed under the wheel arches connected up to a cheap 4 channel security board and plugged into a small tablet .
[sarcasm]
Based on manufacturers behaviour on pricing such systems, it must be rather complex :rolleyes:
[/sarcasm]

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
with a composite to lvds(gvif) converter you could have that display on the mylink screen or replace the factory composite camera input on the mylink with the one from that kit so it would display on the mylink screen when reverse is selected.
I find that it is not just standard kerbs that are the problem for me. The shopping centre near me requires very tight and precise turning to negotiate their high garden edges and the roundabout centre edges - I have nicked my alloys on these. They have probably been built and tested for the current and standard SUVs that most people drive now. I don't think I can drive and watch the camera all of the time (or is that just my lack of skill?)

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
with a composite to lvds(gvif) converter you could have that display on the mylink screen or replace the factory composite camera input on the mylink with the one from that kit so it would display on the mylink screen when reverse is selected.
Would it be possible to integrate it with park assist , activated by the sensors so it comes on also when driving forward as well as reverse , reversing is only part of the equation

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow $140 delivered... and it records video... but is the NTSC composite video signal going to be a problem with MyLink if the MyLink can only handles PAL composite video?

I wonder what Holden would have charge for such an optional feature? I can’t see much change from $1k (and I’d guess Holden would be getting the components at a much lower price point than the eBay seller’s manufacturer would be able to get them, so potential for big margin or lower price). At least a Holden’s system would be nicely integrated into the vehicle and I’d guess many would pay a premium for this alone.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I find that it is not just standard kerbs that are the problem for me. The shopping centre near me requires very tight and precise turning to negotiate their high garden edges and the roundabout centre edges - I have nicked my alloys on these. They have probably been built and tested for the current and standard SUVs that most people drive now. I don't think I can drive and watch the camera all of the time (or is that just my lack of skill?)
There are council, state and national standards for car parks, roads, curbs, even where trees should be placed to ensure safe sight lines are preserved but the6 are not always followed. So it’s more likely a sloppy developement attitude than a purposeful act to make SUV/4WD owners feel superior.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
There are council, state and national standards for car parks, roads, curbs, even where trees should be placed to ensure safe sight lines are preserved but the6 are not always followed. So it’s more likely a sloppy developement attitude than a purposeful act to make SUV/4WD owners feel superior.
Agree with the comment on sloppiness Skylarking. The same local centre has loosened up a couple of the tight corners in the last year by reshaping the kerbs, but there is continuous black marks from tyres scraping the kerbs. Just a pity that the next Coles/Woolworths has a depressing underground carpark which I dislike even more.
BTW is the name Skylarking related to the XTC album from ages ago?