Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can I safely raise the driving height of my 2014 VF Calais Sportwagon.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ yeah, it was never a problem years ago but it's been progressively getting worse. Luckily it's still free to ask and one can always sign a disclaimer. Sadly with the laws being as they are, sometimes people behave like scared little rabbits :oops:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yeah, those stupid laws they say workplaces should be safe and not result in people getting hurt.

Problem is, you can make the workplace as safe as possible for everyone, but unfortunately some stupid people manage to hurt themselves on something inside the workshop.....So to protect everyone, workshops have signs up stipulating the general public aren't permitted past a certain point.

I personally don't agree with it, because it can hinder a potential lifetime customer, but my personal opinion differs from the powers to be

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I agree with it because thats what every workplace has and relies on. seperation between workplace and public unless site specific induction has happened.

That said D&T performance let me walk around the shop a few weeks back to have a look under their SS at the pipework.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I think we need to be able to rely more on common sense, and fewer Keep Off The Grass signs.
The destruction of Sydney’s night-life by Keep Off The Grass laws is, for example, going to have far wider long-term consequences in social & economic ways than just a few dozen businesses being sent to the wall.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
I think we need to be able to rely more on common sense, and fewer Keep Off The Grass signs.
The destruction of Sydney’s night-life by Keep Off The Grass laws is, for example, going to have far wider long-term consequences in social & economic ways than just a few dozen businesses being sent to the wall.
thats a whole other kettle of fish.

bandaid fix to youth binge drinking and nightclub violence.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I think we need to be able to rely more on common sense, and fewer Keep Off The Grass signs....
Totally agree but sadly common sense isn’t always as common as we hope.

Still, the workshop owner/manager should ensure his workplace is safe for employees at all times and he should be able to assess if some customer is level headed and can follow simple safety instructions when admitted into the workshop. After all we are not talking about an explosives factory ;)

For businesses to succeed, I think it’s best to work with customers and provide real support as used to be the case years ago when risks were intelligently managed. Then you are much more likley to get ongoing repeat business. Sadly customer support in many industries is on the wane o_O

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
back in my day

anyways OP try airbags.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Totally agree but sadly common sense isn’t always as common as we hope.

Still, the workshop owner/manager should ensure his workplace is safe for employees at all times and he should be able to assess if some customer is level headed and can follow simple safety instructions when admitted into the workshop. After all we are not talking about an explosives factory ;)

So how do you determine someone is level headed and won't trip over a hoist leg, despite all the talking you do? I'd love to know, so it makes my life easier

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I agree with it because thats what every workplace has and relies on. seperation between workplace and public unless site specific induction has happened.

That said D&T performance let me walk around the shop a few weeks back to have a look under their SS at the pipework.

You're game walking around Pauls workshop.....He has crap laying everywhere.

Oh and has he got employees there now, that can get exhaust systems symetrical when installing a twin system? That is a twin system exiting either side of the rear, or on one side? I saw a brand new VE he did, when they first came out...The owner spent 10K on tune and exhaust system.....The twin system came out the same side and it stuck out like the perverbial that one side was lower than the other. Put me off getting a system done through him

And yes when he was at Salisbury and now currently at Prospect, the workshop has been the same....Crap everywhere