Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VH Fuel

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
When spraying a car safety comes first this should fit you like a glove.

Sexy-Inflatable-Condom-Costume-suit-for-party.jpg_640x640.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thanks for your reply, not sure about the engine never herd it run, I told him to get rid of it and buy a vr-vs or even a VX because parts are only getting harder to get, his dead set on getting it on the road but I think its a waste of money when you can get a car on the road that's newer and will be trouble free getting parts and be worried about a top end rebuild, the last V8 Chevrolet Impala I did for a mate cost 800 to get the heads done, this car is nothing special with a blue 202 motor.

That's my thoughts also but I think his wasting his money on doing it up unless it was a V8. Parts alone will cost 1k or more plus 800 to paint, then cost putting it on the road. The interior is mickey mouse that's all that's going for it.

I find the thrill of the chase half the fun with older cars.

You can still get all the under body mechanical bits and engine bits very easily. A simple phone call to super wanks, autobarn sprints (if they exist in Vic) or bursons and they will be there.

Paint....My VC I painted myself....Cost me about $300 including 4 litres of paint...It's britinacca blue (VE Commodore colour), with 500ML of silver mixed in, to lighten it a little

A mate had a blue motor head done about 6 months ago....New 90 pound valve springs, hardened valve seats....$500

Main bearings $100 and conrod bearings $40.....I bought them, because the above mentioned motor I have bought and it has stuffed those bearings.....It took me a whole 20 minutes to find them and have them sitting in my hands at home.

I'm getting a new 2" exhaust system done, when I put the blue motor in....Cost $450

Newer cars maybe reliable, but my VC has been on the road for 5 or 6 years....Replacement parts are as follows

Rackends and tierod ends.....2 dizzies....1 alternator (upgraded to an EF/EL Falcon alternator), tailshaft centre bearing, clutch and pressure plate, brake booster, VT front brake conversion and machined front and rear rotors....You also have the usual oil/filters done as well. This would be about the same with the era cars you're referring to as well

I'm not afraid to jump in this car and drive it around Australia and not worry about break downs.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Its not my car I suppose if that's what he wants to do I'm willing to do the work at my pleasure its the unknown u know like opening a can of worms, he wants the paint done as its been sitting for awhile with just primer now water has got under it creating surface rust on the roof. They are easy to work on not like these new cars, Did you use a clear coat or just acrylic paint VC?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Nah its too small, do they come any bigger? 196cm I need. But I don't use protection cant stand wearing that crap I only use a face mask.

Never use protection, way I see it no use having a shower wearing a raincoat....

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Jumper pack,start ya bastard then do burnouts....

OP will probably think of a way to make it fit. Then it would be a twin cam 202.

It's been done just google Krogdahl heads.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
So what you're saying is that you're actually a bigger dick than you really are ;)
Schwing Schwing :p
At less I'm not a child and behave like you. All tough in front of a keyboard shows your piss weak, u have to bully people to make you feel special. Didn't you get enough love as a child, time you grow up and stop hiding behind a keyboard to pick on people, only dick is you.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
At less I'm not a child and behave like you. All tough in front of a keyboard shows your piss weak, u have to bully people to make you feel special. Didn't you get enough love as a child, time you grow up and stop hiding behind a keyboard to pick on people, only dick is you.

Obviously you didn't pick up on the intended humour :(...........Smiley faces didn't make it obvious either ?
I'll give you a hint:
# You were offered a full body condom for protection
# You posted, It's too small any bigger sizes
# I posted, Are you saying you're a bigger dick than you really are

Let us know when you work it out :rolleyes: