Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What intake Manifold Worked 304 v8?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
No it does not cleary show that. There is two dyno graphs showing the dual plane vs edelbrock manifolds and then some peak figures. Tony Knight even states that for cams under 240 duration the dual plane is the better choice. Tony Knight litterally says extactly the same thing as I'm saying.

For smaller cams the dual plane will make more average horse power. If you run a larger more agressive cam that shifts the curve higher in the RPM range then the single plane will make more power.

The single plane will even have a higher peak HP number on a smaller cam but it will hurt low down power.
What if you have a camshaft with a large reverse split, or the opposite; a cam with a large forward split? Lobe centres, lift, ramp rates and duration all play a massive part. It's all context dependent.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
Some people don’t like dealing with online messages when selling; myself included.

Facebook and their messaging system has been incredibly detrimental to online selling due to the ease and convenience of the marketplace messaging system. Nobody takes buying seriously anymore.

To be fair, Facebook messaging and a company's advertised, direct email are very different things. I actually agree that if a company can't field a general query via email then that company needs to have a good hard look at itself as it's likely losing sales. It shouldn't be up to a customer to modify their preferred way of contacting/obtaining info to purchase a product, especially with big, detailed decision-making like building a performance engine. The last thing I want when I'm not 100% sure of something, is to be talked into something prematurely, or paying more than I have to. An email can also be sat on, mulled over, compared and used as back-up for quotes etc. Plus, it is 2020 after all...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think Craig at TP is a one man band but get him on the phone and he'll talk your ear off.

I have a TP little paw manifold sitting in the garage. A very nice bit of gear. I'll built a motor to make use of it one day.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
I think Craig at TP is a one man band but get him on the phone and he'll talk your ear off.

I have a TP little paw manifold sitting in the garage. A very nice bit of gear. I'll built a motor to make use of it one day.

Yep I've had a chat with him before, really nice guy, and obviously super knowledgeable. I still ended up going Harrop with my 355, for some reason I cant remember.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

Another example of runner length doing exactly what is predicted just the same as it does on an LS engine this time it's a hemi.
This vid only got released today so of course I couldn't show it earlier.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
To be fair, Facebook messaging and a company's advertised, direct email are very different things. I actually agree that if a company can't field a general query via email then that company needs to have a good hard look at itself as it's likely losing sales. It shouldn't be up to a customer to modify their preferred way of contacting/obtaining info to purchase a product, especially with big, detailed decision-making like building a performance engine. The last thing I want when I'm not 100% sure of something, is to be talked into something prematurely, or paying more than I have to. An email can also be sat on, mulled over, compared and used as back-up for quotes etc. Plus, it is 2020 after all...
My point was that written enquiries in the context of initial contact may not be taken as seriously as they once were. Lack of email reply certainly wouldn't put me off, especially if my enquiries were satisfied over the phone. Certainly nothing to get hung up about if you're looking seriously at purchasing.

Personally, I often don't feel like I can get adequate answers for questions via email/message etc. You can get so much more out of a phone call; and if you're building a performance engine you want as much info as you can possibly get. As a customer, you're the one with the money, and it's up to you to decide how and when you want to spend it - I've never been pressured into buying during making enquiries. You'll also find that many businesses won't put certain info in writing that you may find useful; In depth comparisons between different brands of components for example.

Each to their own of course.

Ash 5l vt commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
Hi all sorry for the silence loved the answers by the way definately helped, i havent decided yet but the crow cam bloke reacons a small single plane is the go, also is a 650dp carb right for this setup, thanks again

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hi all sorry for the silence loved the answers by the way definately helped, i havent decided yet but the crow cam bloke reacons a small single plane is the go, also is a 650dp carb right for this setup, thanks again
If you must go single plane then why not go DP? Personaly I would use the street demon like I suggested but if you're willing to sacrifice low end drivability then just go the double pumper.

You'll probably get a better peak off the double pumper too but maybe go 750. Me and my mate are doing a 355 VN iron heads, big roller cam with harrop single plane and 750dp. He wants it just for high rpm power. I forget the cam specs but it's in the 260 range with 600+ lift probably 615-20.

Last edited:

Ash 5l vt commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
Hi mate, i havent decided yet what manifold thats just what crow said i think im leaning towards a tp duel plane low rise? , i will look into the street demon as it sounds allright, what advantage does a street demon offer thanks