Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Third failed water pump WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Yeah, well lets measure dicks, but be prepared to feel embarrassed when I have at least 2" in length and 1" in circumference on you.....

Ha ha ha , = don't want to antagonize anyone even more , but simply reading this does = exactly !!!!!!

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Sorry, Can you take a pic of the tensioner guides, not the pulley. It'll show us the alignment

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sorry, Can you take a pic of the tensioner guides, not the pulley. It'll show us the alignment
What's the tensioner guides?

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I've installed more helicoils than you've done up bolts. I have $3000 of taps, dies, tap wrenches and heli coil kits.

I've stretched bolts and I've dealt with bolts streched by others. My hand hasn't streched a bolt in over 7 years.
OMG it sounds like you have your hand on your stretched bolt right now.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I've seen plenty of bolts done that way going into block water jackets, when you pull them out the shanks are corroded and need to be thrown away. A little sealant on the threads prevents that.

Yea that's how they come from factory. I just replace the bolts no big deal.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Im
Yeah, well lets measure dicks, but be prepared to feel embarrassed when I have at least 2" in length and 1" in circumference on you.....
I'm not trying to have a dick size contest mate. But you go down to a building site and try and tell a brikie he's laying his bricks wrong or a plumber he's laying his pipe wrong or a sparky he's wiring up power point's wrong.
You get what I'm saying? I'm a tradesman and I've been doing it long enough to know about streches bolts.

It's everyones choice here to listen to me or not but I do pass some of my wisdom on not all. I actually delete some of my own posts because I don't want all my hard earned secrets out there. This is why I get shitty some times when I devolgue info and get treated like an idiot. But like I said it's any ones choice to listen to me.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Im

I'm not trying to have a dick size contest mate. But you go down to a building site and try and tell a brikie he's laying his bricks wrong or a plumber he's laying his pipe wrong or a sparky he's wiring up power point's wrong.
You get what I'm saying? I'm a tradesman and I've been doing it long enough to know about streches bolts.

Perhaps you haven't seen my other recent threads. Two mech's with plenty of experience have made mistakes that cost me $100s. One failed to disconnect my balance shaft when he replaced the crank bearings and chain kit. The other set my steering wheel too deep and nearly wrecked my NSS, plus a shroud got cracked. Had to fix the wheel issue myself. mech said it was a brittle cracked part as the reason my horn wasn't working after he replaced my heater core and rebuilt my heater box, yet it wasn't that at all I had to fix it after it went back twice, it also manged to wear the button out that was in great cond before he di the job. BS removal cost me close to $400 to have a mech fix his mistake. Saying you have this or are the best at that on a forum means SFA.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Im

It's everyones choice here to listen to me or not but I do pass some of my wisdom on not all. I actually delete some of my own posts because I don't want all my hard earned secrets out there. This is why I get shitty some times when I devolgue info and get treated like an idiot. But like I said it's any ones choice to listen to me.

I had a qualified electrician rock up to replace a power board, went to use it and it fell out of the wall.

I worked with a road crew we hired a chainsaw operator to full trees he couldn't sharpen a chainsaw.

I had my power steering pump replaced by Gippsland transmissions in my old VR coming home from pick up my car over heated coolant and steam all over the place, alternator light came on, the belt cut the bottom hose my power steering fluid reserve destroyed, never done up the bolts..

Shitt happens, a certificate isn't worth 2 bob these days.
There's 5 ways of doing things, 1- my way, 2- your way, 3- the bosses way, 4- the wrong way, 5- the right way.
Conclusion if the boss is paying then do it their way, any other way is on you. But please use thread seal if bolts go into fluid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.