Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OBD Readers

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
you probably know this but if you dont vmware player is free which will allow you to use it on a non commercial basis.

I did install it some years ago, but for the life of me I can't remember why I didn't think it was as good as VirtualBox. Maybe I didn't want to start from scratch with another software product, as I had already been using VirtualBox for a number of years, and couldn't see any benefits in changing. Anyway, horses for courses.

I only run my diagnostic software on real (not virtual) PCs.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I did install it some years ago, but for the life of me I can't remember why I didn't think it was as good as VirtualBox. Maybe I didn't want to start from scratch with another software product, as I had already been using VirtualBox for a number of years, and couldn't see any benefits in changing. Anyway, horses for courses.

I only run my diagnostic software on real (not virtual) PCs.

i used to use virtualbox because vmware had no free option and vmware was more resource heavy on the host but in the last 3 years i found while working with a linux distro guest on a windows host i started to have issues mainly with shared clipboard and that is probably something with windows 10 and not virtualbox.
it could have also had something to do with compiling code in the vm because that is cpu/memory intensive depending on the project.

with usb c(3.2 gen1/2) and ssd portable drives i just use a real machine and boot from the usb drive these days.

once usb4 is common i think i will boot everything from portable usb ssd drives.

Reactions: Lex

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I have the maps for a MY14 and MY15 model with 2017 era maps (updated late 2016) The update isn't the latest but it is an update from the MY14 original maps. The only thing is that my old vehicle VIN is programmed in the code of one file which can be changed. Not too sure if someone wants to try it on their car changing the VIN :p

harveyconnor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SV6
I have the maps for a MY14 and MY15 model with 2017 era maps (updated late 2016) The update isn't the latest but it is an update from the MY14 original maps. The only thing is that my old vehicle VIN is programmed in the code of one file which can be changed. Not too sure if someone wants to try it on their car changing the VIN :p
Yeah Dropbox them please and we can take a look!

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Thanks to the help in this thread I managed to install and get it all working. A question for the learned: I worry when using the TDS subscription service it talks about 'reprogram ECU'
What are the chances doing a few non tune related changes will overwrite my tune?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Just read that GM is retiring TIS2WEB seems the new system is TechLine Connect.
Does that impact anyone with a VXDiag?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Just read that GM is retiring TIS2WEB seems the new system is TechLine Connect.
Does that impact anyone with a VXDiag?

Hard to tell, it does seem to only reference tis2web so it might only impact the tech2 side of things and not gds2 or the gm tds.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Just wanted to write back that I successfully updated mylink to the latest firmware. being a MY14, I didnt have the reverse lines but I do now.
It was fairly easy. Using the TIS2WEB java interface, you download the update to a USB, plug it in the the mylink and press start. Then once that's finished you need to reprogram the radio module which is only a few clicks.
Happy to share more detailed instructions if asked.