Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

GM.com - Warning of what to expect now under ACL Warranty now Holden is gone.

VCoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais SW LS3 MY16
I love my car but my battle has just begun ... Holden Customer 'Care' stonewalled, then closed the Holden Dealer's claim for a new engine (more to that but not here at this time). HCC effectively said my case is closed so take it to the Courts if I want to subpoena their technical reports. Queensland has recently passed Lemon Laws. As no likely new or equivalent low Km VF2 LS3 Calais Wagons are a likely alternative to my well looked after Slipstream Blue Calais, I will soon seek a full refund under Australian Consumer Law together with compensation for this abuse by GM.com - GM Australia. I don't need this but to warn others have posted a simple explanatory video (Link below = 3 minutes duration) and propose to create a more complex Part 2 video on 'where GMH Warranty stands today' once legal processes develop.
How can GM survive in Australia under whatever name if this is the way they honor Warranty claims resulting allegedly from manufacturing flaws or problems they are accountable under Warranty to fix or replace.

For those that will ask - 38,000Km traveled (90,000Km service due 'now' (dealer said to hold off on service when seeking a new engine)) - always been serviced by Holden Dealerships on time and with 5W30 Dexos approved oils, run mostly on 98 fuel and I drive it easy (car has had a good life and i expected to keep it for a long time). The Dealer wanted to put in a new long engine - Holden have my videos and the Dealers when kept overnight - GM Australia 'technical' said all is normal, Dealer backed down. The Dealer is allegedly an LS3 expert and the HCC people I have contacted admit they are not technical - I suggested to a '2 level up HCC supervisor' then they shouldn't make technical claims if they don't know what they are talking about.

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I love my car but my battle has just begun ... Holden Customer 'Care' stonewalled, then closed the Holden Dealer's claim for a new engine (more to that but not here at this time). HCC effectively said my case is closed so take it to the Courts if I want to subpoena their technical reports. Queensland has recently passed Lemon Laws. As no likely new or equivalent low Km VF2 LS3 Calais Wagons are a likely alternative to my well looked after Slipstream Blue Calais, I will soon seek a full refund under Australian Consumer Law together with compensation for this abuse by GM.com - GM Australia. I don't need this but to warn others have posted a simple explanatory video (Link below = 3 minutes duration) and propose to create a more complex Part 2 video on 'where GMH Warranty stands today' once legal processes develop.
How can GM survive in Australia under whatever name if this is the way they honor Warranty claims resulting allegedly from manufacturing flaws or problems they are accountable under Warranty to fix or replace.

For those that will ask - 38,000Km traveled (90,000Km service due 'now' (dealer said to hold off on service when seeking a new engine)) - always been serviced by Holden Dealerships on time and with 5W30 Dexos approved oils, run mostly on 98 fuel and I drive it easy (car has had a good life and i expected to keep it for a long time). The Dealer wanted to put in a new long engine - Holden have my videos and the Dealers when kept overnight - 'technical' said all is normal. The Dealer is allegedly an LS3 expert and the people I have contacted admit they are not technical - I suggested to a '2 level up HCC supervisor' then they shouldn't make technical claims if they don't know what they are talking about.

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...ton-slap-engine-replaced.267349/#post-2925112

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...this-is-very-interesting.280239/#post-3067144

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/noisy-lifters-ls3-cold-start.264059/

So far I only know of one other case in addition to mine where Holden approved replacement engine. I am hoping this sets up some precedent for these criminals !!!

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's a sad state of affairs when this was totally expected (behaviour from GM). Wish you all the best with your case.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...ton-slap-engine-replaced.267349/#post-2925112

https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...this-is-very-interesting.280239/#post-3067144

So far I only know of one other case in addition to mine where Holden approved replacement engine. I am hoping this sets up some precedent for these criminals !!!
Back at the early 2017 I ordered a ssv redline ute with the provision if a limited addition came out I wanted that instead they ordered the redline for me but I ended up with the magnum and a friend of mine bought the ute that had been ordered for me and he had the motor replaced in that . He was relatively pleased with the ease and service holden gave him fixing the issue. I would of been gutted if it happened to the magnum. It would be interesting to know how many have been replaced ?

VCoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais SW LS3 MY16

Thanks Ron - not looking forward the the crap to come - they are bullies. I asked to speak with and asked did Holden have any Engineers left and was told by HCC (the only public contact now) they did but they can't talk it appears and work more on psychic fault finding rather than inspections. To stop what has now developed I also asked to speak with the top decision maker - still waiting. I will contact GM.com (US) next week to raise concerns as we are being taken for a ride at our expense. QCAT application under QLD Lemon Laws is less than $400 - lawyers will be also expensive pre hearing. HCC know for low cost issues people have little choice but submit to the bullying - as you know what is at stake here is a lot of money now while under 5 year factory Warranty for Holden or a lot more in the future for me when the engine goes further pair shaped (as you can hear it is not just Piston Slap (which I reported the PS at around 6,000Km as was ignored so hoped it would go away).
I also found this - https://www.goauto.com.au/news/hold...ngineers-shown-the-door/2020-06-26/83165.html

Final 100 Engineers leave Aug 2020.png

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Thanks Ron - not looking forward the the crap to come - they are bullies. I asked to speak with and asked did Holden have any Engineers left and was told by HCC (the only public contact now) they did but they can't talk it appears and work more on psychic fault finding rather than inspections. To stop what has now developed I also asked to speak with the top decision maker - still waiting. I will contact GM.com (US) next week to raise concerns as we are being taken for a ride at our expense. QCAT application under QLD Lemon Laws is less than $400 - lawyers will be also expensive pre hearing. HCC know for low cost issues people have little choice but submit to the bullying - as you know what is at stake here is a lot of money now while under 5 year factory Warranty for Holden or a lot more in the future for me when the engine goes further pair shaped (as you can hear it is not just Piston Slap (which I reported the PS at around 6,000Km as was ignored so hoped it would go away).
I also found this - https://www.goauto.com.au/news/hold...ngineers-shown-the-door/2020-06-26/83165.html

View attachment 221776

I feel for you as it took me more than a year for them to do it.

Unfortunately my new engine i also a bit slappy in winter on cold start; only couple minutes. It is MUCH better than the original engine, but my fear is that lots of LS3s noisy. Yours seem particulary noisy !

Does your make noise on idle ?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm sure @Skylarking will give us a full discourse in due course.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Keep us posted. I am very interest in what happens with this. What you have working against you is dead brand having no reputation to lose...

VCoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Calais SW LS3 MY16