Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front end tramps when turning right

Slick7g

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Walkinshaw HRT Tribute
The profile of the tyre should not matter as long as the rolling diameter matches what the vehicle is programed/tuned for.
If you want lower profile get a bigger rim so the diameter matches what was on the vehicle from the factory.

I would suspect the tramping might be something to do with the awd tc/esc system.

To see if it is esc/tc press and hold the tc disable button until it says esc disabled on the dash then see if it still tramps.
Yeah I've tried that too.... the tyre size on the car now is the same as the vxr zb commodore...

Slick7g

Reaction score
Members Ride
What profile tyre did you want. They fit 20 inch rims on the ZB platform.

I seriously think your problem is not typical of a ZB. Good luck finding a VF SV6 that handles any better than the ZB. I reckon my VY S handles better than a VE/VF.
Yeah I'm beginning to think that this car has had a major smack in its very short life and has been repaired.... although it measures up square and all panels etc line up perfectly. I'd like to replace the car with another zb rs, but fear that I will have the same problem

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Yeah I'm beginning to think that this car has had a major smack in its very short life and has been repaired.... although it measures up square and all panels etc line up perfectly. I'd like to replace the car with another zb rs, but fear that I will have the same problem

if it is the same as factory and still doing it something must be wrong.
i drive my rs v6 pretty hard at times, through overbouts and corners etc and i have never had it miss a beat/tramp etc.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Have you got access to a GoPro or similar that you could use to video that wheel to see what's happening. Have to wonder that it might have a bent drive shaft.

Slick7g

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you got access to a GoPro or similar that you could use to video that wheel to see what's happening. Have to wonder that it might have a bent drive shaft.
Yes I do have a go pro..... that's a bloody good idea. I have a decent suction cup mount too. I'm also starting to wonder if the sensors like abs, esc, collision detection etc need calibration. I used the self parking function into a parallel park, it kerbed my rims

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Yes I do have a go pro..... that's a bloody good idea. I have a decent suction cup mount too. I'm also starting to wonder if the sensors like abs, esc, collision detection etc need calibration. I used the self parking function into a parallel park, it kerbed my rims
Ouch!!!!! Haven't tried the parallel park in mine.

Where abouts in NZ are you?

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I'm in Hamilton. I had a VL 3 litre Calais when I joined Just Commodores, hence the username. Bloody good car, very sweet engine, owned it for about 11 years and did well over 250,000 km in it. I've had Commodores from 1979 starting with a VB SL , then a VC SL both new then the VL second hand, a VY S second hand Gold Certified, it's done well over 400,000 and I still have it and finally the ZB RSV which was new.

The VL Walkinshaw is a very cool looking car. Bit wild for its time, certainly a collectors car.

I'd have kept the VL when I bought the VY but had nowhere to store it at the time.

Slick7g

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm in Hamilton. I had a VL 3 litre Calais when I joined Just Commodores, hence the username. Bloody good car, very sweet engine, owned it for about 11 years and did well over 250,000 km in it. I've had Commodores from 1979 starting with a VB SL , then a VC SL both new then the VL second hand, a VY S second hand Gold Certified, it's done well over 400,000 and I still have it and finally the ZB RSV which was new.

The VL Walkinshaw is a very cool looking car. Bit wild for its time, certainly a collectors car.

I'd have kept the VL when I bought the VY but had nowhere to store it at the time.
Ohh nice!! I've had plenty of commodores. I had a

Slick7g

Reaction score
Members Ride
I've owned a 308 manual vk, 3 vl gts, vx senator, vt calais, vz ss, ve gtr, and the zb. I also have a vl walkinshaw hrt tribute car that I've built up over a 4 year period. Built a cammed ls1, t56 and built the diff up too. 28 spline billet axles, tru trac centre. We are off to Aussie assault in taupo in two weeks