Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Continuous issues

whiteVEcommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
G'Day Fellas,

About 18months ago my 2010 VE Sportswagon began to shudder violently and alot of white smoke was coming out the exhaust. After a trip to the mechanic they replaced all sparks, coils and 2 oxygen sensors.

It has since came back and now have 4 codes P0300 random/multiple cylinder misfire, P0306 cylinder 6 misfire, P0089 fuel pressure regulator 1 and P0157 O2 sensor circuit low voltage bank 2 sensor 2.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Tyler

whiteVEcommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
I should also say that I originally had codes P0008, P0089 and P0306 so I swapped my 6 and 4 cylinder coils to determine whether 6 was stuffed and these additional codes from my post above came as a result

Jaydawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VES2Calais2010
G'Day Fellas,

About 18months ago my 2010 VE Sportswagon began to shudder violently and alot of white smoke was coming out the exhaust. After a trip to the mechanic they replaced all sparks, coils and 2 oxygen sensors.

It has since came back and now have 4 codes P0300 random/multiple cylinder misfire, P0306 cylinder 6 misfire, P0089 fuel pressure regulator 1 and P0157 O2 sensor circuit low voltage bank 2 sensor 2.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Tyler
Gday Tyler just wondering how you went about fixing your o2 sensor?
Cheers

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Gday Tyler just wondering how you went about fixing your o2 sensor?
Cheers
If your O2 sensor is dead replace it with a new Bosch one. The rear pair are easy, but the front ones are not fun.

Jaydawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VES2Calais2010
If your O2 sensor is dead replace it with a new Bosch one. The rear pair are easy, but the front ones are not fun.
I had a fault on bank 2 sensor 2 stuck on rich so I’ve swapped it for a fuelmiser sensor and then got a different fault code saying heater circuit so changed it yesterday with a Bosch sensor and now I’m getting a fault on that sensor saying low voltage. First code P2273 second code P0161 today’s code P0157. I’m at a bit of a loss but I have only recently purchased the car. It’s a 2010 S2 VE Calais and has 30,000ks on the clock. It’s basically brand new. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I had a fault on bank 2 sensor 2 stuck on rich so I’ve swapped it for a fuelmiser sensor and then got a different fault code saying heater circuit so changed it yesterday with a Bosch sensor and now I’m getting a fault on that sensor saying low voltage. First code P2273 second code P0161 today’s code P0157. I’m at a bit of a loss but I have only recently purchased the car. It’s a 2010 S2 VE Calais and has 30,000ks on the clock. It’s basically brand new. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
30,000km in 13 years? Wow. Why such low ks? What condition is it in? You could have all kinds of little issues caused by sitting still too long. sounds like it could be a bad earth or corroded plug causing the O2 fault. Start Checking all the harness plugs around the engine. The MAF plug is a common one to grow green corrosion in the harness plug and cause strange fault codes.

Jaydawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VES2Calais2010
30,000km in 13 years? Wow. Why such low ks? What condition is it in? You could have all kinds of little issues caused by sitting still too long. sounds like it could be a bad earth or corroded plug causing the O2 fault. LStart Checking all the harness plugs around the engine. The MAF plug is a common one to grow green corrosion in the harness plug and cause strange fault
30,000km in 13 years? Wow. Why such low ks? What condition is it in? You could have all kinds of little issues caused by sitting still too long. sounds like it could be a bad earth or corroded plug causing the O2 fault. Start Checking all the harness plugs around the engine. The MAF plug is a common one to grow green corrosion in the harness plug and cause strange fault codes.
Thanks for the advice. The car is in new condition even though it’s got a few years on it. I have been under it a couple of times to swap out the sensor and there’s not even a scratch underneath the thing. Interior is like new. Was a family member’s car purchased new but obviously used minimally. Has sat for sometime thou and I feel like it’s going to be something other than the sensor. The sensor that was initially removed was in perfect condition and I’ve inspected the harness/plug side of the sensor as far back as I can and the wiring harness is in brand new condition as is the entire engine bay, exhaust system. I reckon you’re right in that there’s the potential for corrosion due to the lack of use. It’s a starting point, do you have a rough idea of what order to start trying to narrow the problem down would be? Thanks for your assistance.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I would start with the easy things. Just pop the bonnet, check the MAF plug. Mine had green powder on 1 or 2 terminals. Then check everything else the same way. Also check the alternator charging voltage, battery etc. Might just need a new set of spark plugs, a valve clean and a long hot drive to heat it up properly.

Jaydawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VES2Calais2010
I would start with the easy things. Just pop the bonnet, check the MAF plug. Mine had green powder on 1 or 2 terminals. Then check everything else the same way. Also check the alternator charging voltage, battery etc. Might just need a new set of spark plugs, a valve clean and a long hot drive to heat it up properly.
Yeah cheers legend. I’ll have a look into it all and let you know how I go.

Jaydawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VES2Calais2010
So had a look around the wiring and didn’t really see anything out wack so took MAF sensor out and took the rest of the intake off to check the throttle body. MAF terminals were good as was the sensor. Noticed the intake was rich/oily. Ran a can of liqui-moly carbon cleaner through it.
Traced wiring harness around and removed then cleaned any earth points both sides with scotchbrite and then contact cleaner. Cleaned sensors etc etc and put everything back together. Took it for a run keeping the revolutions rather high at times. Run out of time to pop the plugs but imagining they could be rich. No fault codes yet but I’m not confident they won’t return.
Is it normal for the throttle body to be a bit oily? Potentially the original sensor fault P2273 stuck rich was correct ‍♂️
Old mate that mentioned the battery being the problem could also on too something as it’s definitely the original battery going by the date. The internal diagnostic menu says it’s at 78% which I believe is still in the good range.
Sorry for the long winded response just trying to knock off a few questions in one rather than trying to respond individually.
I’m open to all suggestions or ideas even though it currently has no fault codes currently.
Cheers gents.