Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to buy to replace the ZB?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
^^^^^^ The Kia and Hyundai dealers had nothing to sell, just demos on the floor that were not for sale.
A couple of weeks ago 'Whichcar' website was putting up wait times for various brands, some of the delays ran into months.
Toyota .... o_O
Strange how there does not seem to be a shortage of 'Cheyna' vehicles.

If Aus was still building RWD Falcodores, I wonder what the market would look like now. All too theoretical, but.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Strange how there does not seem to be a shortage of 'Cheyna' vehicles.
I would never buy a Chinese car right now due to their potentially terrible resale value and poor quality materials... Just look at a case of a guy named Tim Rigby and his rusty 2018 LDV:

https://www.queenslandjudgments.com.au/caselaw/qcat/2021/316

If Aus was still building RWD Falcodores, I wonder what the market would look like now. All too theoretical, but.
Aussie cars would've been affected by the chip shortage as materials would still need to come from overseas, though maybe they would've had a slight sales boost as they may've been more available... But this is all hypothetical...

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Aussie "assembled" vehicles were still full of imported semiconductors which is what the chip shortage is all about.

The majority of electrical modules in a commodore/falcon were all made in asia and imported.

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
Hey all, just following up on this - after driving a Tesla Model 3 on Friday, I'm almost certain to order one to replace the ZB in the coming days :)

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hey all, just following up on this - after driving a Tesla Model 3 on Friday, I'm almost certain to order one to replace the ZB in the coming days :)
Do you have a good solar system at home to charge it?

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca

I dont know if it will be a tesla but i am leaning in the same ev direction in the near future.

I have a 6kw solar system at home and a 50kw system at work so it kind of just makes sense.

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
I dont know if it will be a tesla but i am leaning in the same ev direction in the near future.
I don't see anything else on the horizon that is tempting me. The tech in the Tesla will take some getting used to, but incredible what it can do...

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I don't see anything else on the horizon that is tempting me. The tech in the Tesla will take some getting used to, but incredible what it can do...

Yeah there is nothing wrong with an ev imo and for the people that want to see the extreme end of an ev than look no further than the hoonitron lol