Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF S2 or ZB, what to buy

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I vaguely recall reading the ‘recalibration procedure’ in the offical VF manual. It was a long time ago, and my recollection might be faulty, but I seem to recall that the camera is self calibrating, so all that was required was to drive the vehicle on some straight roads and allow the camera to work out where the edges of the road are. But the VF only has a passive lane departure warnings, so other systems with active lane-keep probably need a more rigorous recalibration.

I just had a Quick Look in the manual. No calibration required if the windscreen is replaced…

View attachment 266519

i think the reason they run it through the calibration process after the replacement is just to make sure everything is operating correctly and i guess it will also depend on the manufacturer and system they have designed and what they recommend but as you see its not some sort of crazy thing that would justify a massive cost.

but J_D has a point the more crap they put in the more we have to worry about having to repair.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I had a new windscreen put into my VXR after the original was cracked by an acorn sized rock. The glass place asked me what driving aids are in my car, I replied, "all of them." ;)

They did a great job too, everything works fine, no complaints from me and it was all paid for by insurance so didn't cost me a cent.

Reactions: Lex