Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will my 2017 holden vf ssv be worth these days

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
As for selling cars, i also find it hard to let them go, but the few sold privately sells themselves because they are well kept and their condition speaks for itself. Tyre kickers aren't suffered graciously :p

As always, what's it worth... what others are willing to pay for it :p

Like you I don't sell many and when I do decide to let one go it will usually be due to of lack of storage space.

If my car is stored then it's unlikely to be registered and therefore that's the reason for no test drive.

I like to think my cars are in good condition and well cared for, and for those who know what they are looking at, they don't need to test drive them.

I have to say, I've had no arguments on the issue.

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Getting it licenced, particularly if it's an older car, is a pain in the butt.
People are trying to mimic the auctions where cars are sold "as is". You're not allowed to drive or even start them.
At the end of the day, you have to respect what the owner of the vehicle says. It's not your property.
I'd be asking them for a driver's licence (with photo) up front or they wouldn't even be able to sit in the thing. Include this in the ad. Don't like it? bye bye.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
If my car is stored then it's unlikely to be registered and therefore that's the reason for no test drive.
The rego situation is something exceptionally good in SA, we can leave stored or project cars unregistered for years and pay for 3 or 12 months rego and drive them without inspections. My Redline Ute is unregistered until the weather fines up as it's never been in the rain or driven on a wet road.

I like to think my cars are in good condition and well cared for, and for those who know what they are looking at, they don't need to test drive them.

I have to say, I've had no arguments on the issue.
When the young guy bought my GenF R8, I told him it looks brand new and when driving it out of the shed for him, his dad (an enthusiast) is mumbling a few expletives, "F&%K, I didn't expect the car to actually look brand new, it's awesome condition" I guess was rather satisfying!

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
The rego situation is something exceptionally good in SA, we can leave stored or project cars unregistered for years and pay for 3 or 12 months rego and drive them without inspections. My Redline Ute is unregistered until the weather fines up as it's never been in the rain or driven on a wet road.

When the young guy bought my GenF R8, I told him it looks brand new and when driving it out of the shed for him, his dad (an enthusiast) is mumbling a few expletives, "F&%K, I didn't expect the car to actually look brand new, it's awesome condition" I guess was rather satisfying!

It would be nice to have that kind of leniency toward rego here in NSW but in saying that, I don't have a problem getting cars registered.
I'm known locally and take cars in regularly to get passed and they are well aware of the condition and anal approach I have to looking after them.
The presentation of a vehicle goes a long way when it comes to getting it passed easily.

If I decide to sell a car, it doesn't get advertised looking like a barn find that hasn't been driven in 40 years.
I'll swap out the fluids, with particular attention to flushing and bleeding the brakes and a quick test drive myself to be sure of the pedal feel.
If it's an older carbie model, I'll put in a kit and give it a tune, the fuel system will be checked and cleaned, as will the will the radiator, in all I'll spend a week or so getting the car running nice then it gets a wash and a detail if necessary.
I tell the prospective buyer it hasn't been driven much for years and I don't recommend they give it a flogging until they check fluids for the gearbox and diff and keep an eye on the seals just in case.
They can see the condition of much of the suspension components and the vehicle itself.
I also don't have many tyre kickers come looking as they are often easy to weed out as they always ask the final price first and will almost invariably want to argue and low ball you, where a car person will be interested in the history of the vehicle, ask questions about its storage, how often I started it, be interested in hearing a cold start, look at known rust areas and generally get a feel for the car and if it's fairly priced, a test drive is less important to them.
They already know if they want the car or not.
Then I take their money and spend the rest of my life wondering if I did the right thing by selling.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Our VS Berlina was perfect inside & near perfect out (couple of light scratches on bumpers where she'd been attacked in car parks) ... circa 2015, a 1995 4spd VS EcoMoo Berlina sedan with 210k kms was going to sell for maybe $1k (despite about 9 months rego) & require me to talk to all the sorts of people who'd buy a $1k Berlina (and who'd mostly be offering me $200 ... man, I don't get outta bed for $200!).

So ... asked a few charities, can't remember the one we gave it to, think it was the Salvation Army.
I don't think the people I talked to had ever been given a registered car before, 4 of them turned up to pick it up ... they were going over it like it was being judged at a car show, being amazed at the condition (and yeah it was in better nick than the 6-month-old I30 they turned up in). :)

bradp51

Reaction score
Members Ride
OCT 2017 VF2 SSV Redline - Light My Fire
100.000km

Yeah apart from being lowered its pretty much stock
So many for sale
With 100,000 km it will not be attractive unless price is low
And being lowered will put people off
Unless done with good quality coilovers
Having the original FE3 would help

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I've been offered a sweet discount on the pair. Should I pull the trigger? ;)

1694000408572.png

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
hey, that's what what happens when tradies decide to charge $200+ an hour. Mechanics in the US are still working for around $100/hr (shop rate being charged to customer). In Australia, every idiot with a hoist thinks they're an Engineering shop.