Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will my 2017 holden vf ssv be worth these days

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
I've been offered a sweet discount on the pair. Should I pull the trigger? ;)

View attachment 256998

I think the Director and Motorsport are brilliant. But $315K a piece? FFS its basically a Redline with Stickers and Magride.........and with 1200 Motorsports they aren't exactly rare

Would love to know what the pipe smoker payed at the Holden Heritage auction for them

Noticed a lot of never driven/registered Special Editions are coming onto the market now for $115K plus. Every single ad says "Only going to increase in value" So why you selling it then? Clowns still can't get it through their heads they timed the market wrong

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I think the Director and Motorsport are brilliant. But $315K a piece? FFS its basically a Redline with Stickers and Magride.........and with 1200 Motorsports they aren't exactly rare

Would love to know what the pipe smoker payed at the Holden Heritage auction for them

Noticed a lot of never driven/registered Special Editions are coming onto the market now for $115K plus. Every single ad says "Only going to increase in value" So why you selling it then? Clowns still can't get it through their heads they timed the market wrong
There's a few virtually brand new GTSR's advertised for 100k less than this Director and Motorsport duo, they're off their heads!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Heard on the news today, the prices for new cars are surposed to be at a 2 year low due to new car supplies being abundant.....This is because the pandemic is over and the supply of computer chips for cars is plentiful...The trend is surposed to be heading south as well

So me thinks, these dreamers should take note of the current trends instead of living in the past fantasy world they're currently in

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
So me thinks, these dreamers should take note of the current trends instead of living in the past fantasy world they're currently in
I don't think they're targeting people who want a new car, they're targeting people who want a new Commodore for whatever reason that have ceased production.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I don't think they're targeting people who want a new car, they're targeting people who want a new Commodore for whatever reason that have ceased production.

I still think they're living in the past.

During the pandemic, money was plentiful so people didn't care or think too much about dropping a fair chunk of change on a car of their dreams....

Now money has tightened up, people seem to be more cautious how they spend it...

So be it people that over spent during the pandemic are trying to recoup some cash toying with the closure line or whether some are still living in a fantasy past world, I think you'll agree, these people have no hope of getting the stupid prices they are asking

And seriously, when Holden actually shut their doors or might have been when the anouncement came through, people jumped on the bandwagon of, they don't make them anymore so it's got to be worth a tonne more, so people are still playing the same tune with it

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Not the case with some Japanese vehicles. Try buying a 2013+ Mazda (Skyactiv) with low kilometres for under $16,000. That's a lot of money for a 10 year old car

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Not the case with some Japanese vehicles. Try buying a 2013+ Mazda (Skyactiv) with low kilometres for under $16,000. That's a lot of money for a 10 year old car
Commodores never had particularly good resale … but when we bought our VS at 10 years old, which was about the same ~$40k OTR new as said Mazda3, it was worth maybe ~$6k.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
I didn't notice that but having a better look at the pictures of the car, "haircut" is my immediate impression as it looks in too used condition for 4,000km's. There's a heap of red dirt in the rear wheels, passengers seat looks too sat on with a heap of scuffs on the sill moulding and boot beaver panel trim. I may be wrong but looks like a hard 4,000km's or perhaps it's a typo for 40,000km's.

Did you know that's the major way people's details get sold on the Darknet and identities stolen by scammers!
The drivers seat looks in better condition

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
And seriously, when Holden actually shut their doors or might have been when the anouncement came through, people jumped on the bandwagon of, they don't make them anymore so it's got to be worth a tonne more, so people are still playing the same tune with it
The first inflated price VF I watched in SA was a brand new never been registered Redline Ute advertised for 80k mid 2020, so the seller added 25K to the 2017 new car price and it didn't sell. This kicked around for about 6 months with progressive price increases to 120k and disappeared. I don't know if it was sold or withdrawn from sale as there were some other brand new/near new Redline Utes and a few Magnums advertised interstate for similar prices. On the bandwagon jumped those with 60,000km Redline Utes advertising them for 100k along with "half stuffed" high km one's for 70/80k, cars condition wise probably worth 35k if you're lucky.

It's hard to know what these inflated price VF's sold for, or if some were withdrawn from sale, dreamer's who'd sell if they got a stupid price. The most expensive one I know of, is a mate of mine paying 80k for a Redline wagon with 6,000km's early 2021, nice car absolutely mint as new condition, not sure it would sell for that today. Last week, another mate bought an MY15 340 Maloo stock and nice condition with 56,000km's for 72k originally asking 100k for it a year ago.