Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LS3 Cam and valvetrain upgrade

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
there is another 3D of the cylinder that shows the mass flow into and out of the cylinder per deg so u can see if ur getting good overlap drawing in air or if its just pushing back out the intake, this sim uses alot of data points, thousands of camshafts lobe profiles, heads flow data, basically every measurement u get when building an engine u enter it in to get as close as u can to actual results, dynosim6 https://www.motionsoftware.com/dym6.htm

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
there is another 3D of the cylinder that shows the mass flow into and out of the cylinder per deg so u can see if ur getting good overlap drawing in air or if its just pushing back out the intake, this sim uses alot of data points, thousands of camshafts lobe profiles, heads flow data, basically every measurement u get when building an engine u enter it in to get as close as u can to actual results, dynosim6 https://www.motionsoftware.com/dym6.htm

is that engine analyzer pro? never mind just saw the link.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i got it mainly for a bit of a stuff around on but it is quite good to see the differences some changes make, its not be all end all but gives a good idea

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
i got it mainly for a bit of a stuff around on but it is quite good to see the differences some changes make, its not be all end all but gives a good idea

I have used EAP but it runs out after 10 days, I wish I could find the file in the registry that tells the program you've dl'ed it before.

I had a LS3 making a fat torque curve on EAP, I wish I saved that file, I was drunk one knight and spent like 6 hours doing cam testing.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
this one u can ask it to run a sim for a camshaft with most torque or most hp with all the other engine specs, it comes up with some crazy profiles, ill run a sim on it now for a stock LS and ill show u want the cam specs are

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
this one u can ask it to run a sim for a camshaft with most torque or most hp with all the other engine specs, it comes up with some crazy profiles, ill run a sim on it now for a stock LS and ill show u want the cam specs are

I want to do a sim on a MCSA of 2.4 Holden 355, the math says it should rev to 7700rpm. what cam would it recommend for that?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
it not that bad actually stock LS with bolton exhaust max torque bout 3500rpm, camshaft is 216 238 106.5 lsa (has all seat to seat and centerlines) peak hp is bout 5000rpm

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I want to do a sim on a MCSA of 2.4 Holden 355, the math says it should rev to 7700rpm. what cam would it recommend for that?
i could do that but i would need all the engine data to input, all rotating assembly measurements, bore, stroke, compression, combustion chamber type, all camshaft specs, rocker specs, all heads flow numbers and valve sizes ect, and more as its quite involved took me like an hour to find all my data and enter it when i first got it now its quicker cos its saved

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
it not that bad actually stock LS with bolton exhaust max torque bout 3500rpm, camshaft is 216 238 106.5 lsa (has all seat to seat and centerlines) peak hp is bout 5000rpm
That is all wrong, peak should be closer to 6000rpm.