Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

beau3.8

Reaction score
Hi Bob
I have a problem with a VP 3.8 Wagon The car is stock standard and is a great family car
When starting the car cold all is well, when starting the car when normal operating temp the car over fuels (floods and is hard to start)
So far I have changed the injectors, fuel regulator on the rail, oxygen sensor and cleaned the thottle body but no luck
The car still gets approx the same Km out of a tank as it has in the past idles well after clearing the overfuel (30 seconds) code 12 comes up when checked
and I am now at a loss to what the fault may be any help would be greatly recieved

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi Bob
I have a problem with a VP 3.8 Wagon The car is stock standard and is a great family car
When starting the car cold all is well, when starting the car when normal operating temp the car over fuels (floods and is hard to start)
So far I have changed the injectors, fuel regulator on the rail, oxygen sensor and cleaned the thottle body but no luck
The car still gets approx the same Km out of a tank as it has in the past idles well after clearing the overfuel (30 seconds) code 12 comes up when checked
and I am now at a loss to what the fault may be any help would be greatly recieved

check the coolant temperature sensor

beau3.8

Reaction score
bob I tried the coolant sensor still no joy as an act of desperation I changed the MAT sensor and still no Joy.
Could it be the MAP sensor I noticed when I crimped the Vac line to the MAP sensor the engine stalled
thanks

kiwi nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz sv6
hi bob
i've got a question for you, i have a 04 vz sv6 and on start up it sometimes blows blue smoke from the exhaust. i've had it at my local dealer in the past and they can't find anything wrong with it, the only problem is that its still doing it.
i have been told that the blue smoke is oil and that the problem might be the valve stem seals, if it is that wouldn't it do it all the time? is there anything i can do or tell my dealer to do? or any test to find out? any reply would be appreciated.

Thanks kiwi nz

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
bob I tried the coolant sensor still no joy as an act of desperation I changed the MAT sensor and still no Joy.
Could it be the MAP sensor I noticed when I crimped the Vac line to the MAP sensor the engine stalled
thanks

crimping the MAP sensor vac line will always stall it.
the only other easy thing to check is the fuel pressure regulator, check the vac line to see if it has fuel in it, it may be leaking internally allowing fuel into the inlet manifold.

Rob

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
hi bob
i've got a question for you, i have a 04 vz sv6 and on start up it sometimes blows blue smoke from the exhaust. i've had it at my local dealer in the past and they can't find anything wrong with it, the only problem is that its still doing it.
i have been told that the blue smoke is oil and that the problem might be the valve stem seals, if it is that wouldn't it do it all the time? is there anything i can do or tell my dealer to do? or any test to find out? any reply would be appreciated.

Thanks kiwi nz

not sure i havent seen a smoking alloytec, the dealer should be able to spot something.
how often does it do it?
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.