Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieve06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
Hi Dr Bob,

I have a VE SV6 A5 and was wondering whether you knew what size the exhaust on these things are? Do you also know whether the systems on these are restrictive as I'm looking for a better flowing exhaust system.

I also have a creak in my driver door when its cold and when its very hot. The dealer said they couldn't hear anything but I even have my passengers asking what the noise is. Its driving me nuts, seems to be alot better if I open the wondow a little. Is it something holden have to fix, is it an easy fix.

Thanks
Eddie

jNINE

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
I have a 'couple'
Hi Janine, you need to put the corrector box in the circuit between the VSS & both the dash & the PCM, this will correct all the readings.
then when you get Kal you can adjust the shiftpoints to suit yourself.

p.s. get craig to do a basic electronics course.lol
Rob

Doh!! Have the kit all assembled and have been looking for the correct circuit, but the dodgy book I have doesn't have the colours listed correctly on the wiring diagram. I'm assuming the easiest place is by the PCM - from what I can determine the VSS in/output is the wires at B5 (Blue & White) and B6 (light brown) - but don't want to **** it up! Not sure which one is the output wire either.

(nothing is ever easy is it??!)

Edit: Been reading more info that says the Vr auto has a 2 wire type speed sensor which sends the signal to the PCM first, and then onto the speedo (which apparently cannot be modified by the unit), so I'm thinking it may have to go between the speedo and the PCM??

Last edited:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hi Dr Bob,

I have a VE SV6 A5 and was wondering whether you knew what size the exhaust on these things are? Do you also know whether the systems on these are restrictive as I'm looking for a better flowing exhaust system.

I also have a creak in my driver door when its cold and when its very hot. The dealer said they couldn't hear anything but I even have my passengers asking what the noise is. Its driving me nuts, seems to be alot better if I open the wondow a little. Is it something holden have to fix, is it an easy fix.

Thanks
Eddie

not sure on the exhaust, it may benefit from a better flowing exhaust.
the creak noise should be covered by warranty, you might do better if you go for a drive with someone to point out the noise.

Rob

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Doh!! Have the kit all assembled and have been looking for the correct circuit, but the dodgy book I have doesn't have the colours listed correctly on the wiring diagram. I'm assuming the easiest place is by the PCM - from what I can determine the VSS in/output is the wires at B5 (Blue & White) and B6 (light brown) - but don't want to **** it up! Not sure which one is the output wire either.

(nothing is ever easy is it??!)

Edit: Been reading more info that says the Vr auto has a 2 wire type speed sensor which sends the signal to the PCM first, and then onto the speedo (which apparently cannot be modified by the unit), so I'm thinking it may have to go between the speedo and the PCM??

should still be fine janine put it between the vss & the dash, this will correct the signal. i think its a violet & white wire

Rob

beau3.8

Reaction score
crimping the MAP sensor vac line will always stall it.
the only other easy thing to check is the fuel pressure regulator, check the vac line to see if it has fuel in it, it may be leaking internally allowing fuel into the inlet manifold.

Rob

I have done that replaced the regulator and still the same result
It looks like I have to try another ECU
so far I have changed
injectors
oxygen sensor
coolant sensor
fuel regulator
Mat sensor
only the map sensor and ECU to go

*lebowski*

Reaction score
After market head unit VZ

Hey Doc Bob

I have recently installed an after market stereo in my VZ SV6 and in the process have lost a lot of my start up dash options. Is there a way that I can get them back? My local dealership says it can't be done, but I've heard that it can on a VZ but not a VY.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hey just a quick question...
Holden can recalibrate my speedo cause im gettin a 3.73 diff...
I'm planning on coming to you about it once the diff is in but i jst wanted to see how much they would charge.
And the tech guy said they can't do it, maybe an autoelectrician can do it but he would have to take the gauges out of my dash and recalibrate it from there...
Is this true?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hey Doc Bob

I have recently installed an after market stereo in my VZ SV6 and in the process have lost a lot of my start up dash options. Is there a way that I can get them back? My local dealership says it can't be done, but I've heard that it can on a VZ but not a VY.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

take it to a dealer & ask them to do a fuel guage recalibration, this should fix up the missing options. it works on one, VY or VZ, not sure which one off the top of my head.

Rob

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
Hey just a quick question...
Holden can recalibrate my speedo cause im gettin a 3.73 diff...
I'm planning on coming to you about it once the diff is in but i jst wanted to see how much they would charge.
And the tech guy said they can't do it, maybe an autoelectrician can do it but he would have to take the gauges out of my dash and recalibrate it from there...
Is this true?

they can do it using tech2, they probably just dont have the know how.lol

its a simple plug in & program to correct it.
the figure needed is calculated using the original PPK, original ratio & new ratio.
or using a GPS to get actual speed.
Rob

kiwi nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz sv6
Hi bob

When I leave it in the garage for a few days without using it, when I start it up blue smoke comes from the exhaust.
Also would there be any codes stored in the ECU.

Status
Not open for further replies.