Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WARNING LS3 Recall about to happen

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Thanks @3rspecB , I have only had the 1k inspection and now the rocker arms...no mention to me about the ac drain tube. I’m definitely now going to another dealer.
My HVAC drain seal replacement was done on 17/1 when it was in for the BCM replacement. Reference 99GMA172115490

Over 60

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Thanks All, i have just joined, i bought my first FC in 1972 and had Holdens all my life and after beating cancer I treated myself to my first V8 Director.
If it wasn't for you Guys i wouldn't have known about the Rocker recalls and A/C tube leaking as my dealer has told me nothing. Thanks again for the info.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Got my MSE delivered a couple of weeks ago, after a delay due to the rocker arm fix, but in reading this thread i'm not sure of one issue.

It seems the aircon drain fix and engine rocker fix was a "service campaign" rather than a "recall" (the rocker issue which should have been a recall).
But, does Holden place a tag or label on the door frame or within the engine compartment firewall to signify such work, be it service campaign or recall was actually done?

In days gone by, before every Tom Dick or Harry had a computer, i know this was the standard practice on my long gone VH, which had a number of such tags fixed to it's firewallm i'm just not sure what the standard is these days.

Now, with my MSE, there is no tags fixed anywhere and nothing is stamped or written in the service booklet or any papers provided to indicate such a service campaign was actually completed - just a delay in delivery and a statement all is OK.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Got my MSE delivered a couple of weeks ago, after a delay due to the rocker arm fix, but in reading this thread i'm not sure of one issue.

It seems the aircon drain fix and engine rocker fix was a "service campaign" rather than a "recall" (the rocker issue which should have been a recall).
But, does Holden place a tag or label on the door frame or within the engine compartment firewall to signify such work, be it service campaign or recall was actually done?

In days gone by, before every Tom Dick or Harry had a computer, i know this was the standard practice on my long gone VH, which had a number of such tags fixed to it's firewallm i'm just not sure what the standard is these days.

Now, with my MSE, there is no tags fixed anywhere and nothing is stamped or written in the service booklet or any papers provided to indicate such a service campaign was actually completed - just a delay in delivery and a statement all is OK.
Check up inside the glovebox for a silver sticker. It may be in an inconspicuous place.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Check up inside the glovebox for a silver sticker. It may be in an inconspicuous place.

Just had a look and no silver stickers anywhere (glovebox, door pillars, engine bay, etc).

Not surprised as i got no paperwork for the tint and paint protection so i'll have to go back to the dealer and sort such things out.
Buying a new car should be a joy but this has been a headache with all the games being played by dealers and Holden.

I think i'll go for a drive tomorrow and not think about such things and enjoy my MSE.

Edsv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv redline my 16
They did mine last week when serviced , seal on air con

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Seems the standards have dropped with dealers placing a sticker wherever their mechanic thinks the owner may not find it :confused:
Whats wrong with simply placing all service campaign and recall stickers on the drivers door A pillar :)
Obviosuly the mechanic should first clean the pillar with alcohol so the sticker sticks :eek: but i wont hold my breath :rolleyes:

Thanks to all for their input :D

sequal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV
Just been out for a run in my car for the first time since hearing about the HVAC drain seal issue.

I lifted my passenger side floor mat and I have mold growing. Looks like I'm not going to wait for my next service before getting it replaced.

Not happy.