Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Am I right in saying we cannot legally turbo the VF?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Judging by Tryg’s posts he’s probably about 22-25.

Judging by Tryg's previous comments about his length of military service, I would guess he is closer in age to you, me & losh than a 25 yr old.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Judging by Tryg's previous comments about his length of military service, I would guess he is closer in age to you, me & losh than a 25 yr old.
Maybe he’s a 47yo with the aggression, speeling, grammar & self-assurance of a 25yo. :)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I wouldn't be lauding your own 'speeling' chum.
463.jpg

:D

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
some people just like **** stirring people all the time, it's no wonder people come and go leaving this forum for good, same old same old from the same people

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
As many would know, I have the W557 package on the 2017 HSV. No way would it pass emissions in any State nor would a few other things in South Australia. In SA, you cannot make changes to the ECU, camshaft, cats and intake manifold. Period. No engineer Cert can overcome those things. So my car is unroadworthy according to the transport regulation in this State. My insurance company is happy with the mods but like all of them they have a get out clause about roadworthy.

But having said all that, I have searched Google using many terms and cannot find anything about a company rejecting a claim based on Walkinshaw mods and a very minute amount with regard to other mods (such as undersize brakes). With thousands of Walk's, Harrops etc on the road you would think the net would have something. So while I am sure Insurance companies could refuse if push came to shove but they don't seem to do that. Naturally, certain things would make them look harder (single vehicle accident, DUI, driving a car than you licence does not allow) but I am willing to take the risk until somebody points me to a link where an Insurance company refuse a claim on a Walkinshaw package having been specifically (as in W557) notified about the mod. My car is brand new, looks stock with the only external mods being the exhaust and I would find it hard for the exhaust to cause a claim.

100% correct. One must realize that you have not bought the car from Holden, but from a dealer who sells Holden cars (as obvious as that sounds). The mods (whether Harrop, Walky, Tekno, whatever) are carried out by the dealer, not Holden. For whatever reason Holden has been turning a bit of a blind eye to their dealers selling cars modified in a way where they do not pass emissions, and hence (to the letter of the law) are unroadworthy. i remember when working at a Ford dealer over 20 years back we had to ask Ford's permission even if we wanted to put aftermarket wheels on a car, and even then they had to be the same size as the factory wheels.

As for what happens if you get defected, the onus would be on the dealer, especially if they led you to believe that the car is 100% legal

As for insurance, that's another story. More likely than not they won't bother or know if a car has been modified , but as someone said, it depends how deep they go in investigating the claim.

Anyway, I'll bet my left nut that NO W407 (let alone any cammed LS3) will pass the NSW IM240 emissions test.

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I may have led people astray about one thing. I said the car was brand new. It now has 4k on it and I had the W557 fitted after I bought the car as I wanted a few thou on the speedo before putting the car on a dyno. But could have had it done by the dealer pre delivery to me.