Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Burnouts with Airbag Suspension?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
They have burnout comps here in NZ but more amateurish at this point compared to what you have at the likes of summernats and good ol` Cleetus Mcfarland is doing his best to start up a burnout circuit in the US trying to replicate what you Aussies do.

I do agree, for a dedicated burnout machine airbags are probably not a good idea but on a daily that might lay rubber (in a controlled environment of course) I'm sure it would be fine.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Your the only one saying that

Bogant or not that's a pretty good contribution

Again your saying all those good folks are bogans

You are calling them dickheads, a bit harsh

I'm asking you are they bogans because people do what I have mentioned. You seem to tarnish everyone with the same brush that is involved in burnout competitions as bogans…..

I'm being polite calling people that do burnouts on the streets, dickheads....They certainly ain't bogans.

I accept, burnout competitions don't appeal to everyone, nor do everyone accept it as a form of motorsport. From my perspective, I have seen the benefits flow from people being involved in this, from them having a purpose in life to getting the majority of dickheads off the road into a controlled environment..

Me personally I don't go to competitions, but I have seen the benefits of people getting involved in this. I have taught people how to fix a car and also seen others fix their car and learnt things myself.

So to me it's a win win situation

Last edited: