Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Burnouts with Airbag Suspension?

ScottThomaSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Heard there’s a big risk of damaging your bags when you do burnouts. Who knows the ins outs?

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
If you are doing burnouts it doesn't matter, what's a few bags and tyres when you see a fully sik skid and make all those black lines. After you blow your tyres just keep on valve bouncing, panel damage and a blown motor are nothing compared to your reputation as a skid legend.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Or you could y'know, not be a muppet and don't do skids.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Or you could y'know, not be a muppet and don't do skids.

If it's on a burnout pad, I can't see a problem....The legitimate burnout scene is actually getting very popular these days...Now if it's on the street, that's another story

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
If it's on a burnout pad, I can't see a problem....The legitimate burnout scene is actually getting very popular these days...Now if it's on the street, that's another story

That is the problem with a lot of these 'enquiry' posts, only get 20% of the story first up, then the rest is like pulling teeth until the picture becomes clearer.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
That is the problem with a lot of these 'enquiry' posts, only get 20% of the story first up, then the rest is like pulling teeth until the picture becomes clearer.

True that, I live in an area where every second commodore is sideways so my opinion is a bit biased by my lack of sleep at night from numpties.

Unless someone specifically says they are going to a track then I assume it's industrial skids filled with people that should have their car crushed and license removed.

I'm still yet to see proof of all these claimed "private roads" that all the hoons claim they have access to :p

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

True that, I live in an area where every second commodore is sideways so my opinion is a bit biased by my lack of sleep at night from numpties.

Unless someone specifically says they are going to a track then I assume it's industrial skids filled with people that should have their car crushed and license removed.

I'm still yet to see proof of all these claimed "private roads" that all the hoons claim they have access to :p

I agree, there are idiots out there that go stupid on the streets and to me, they need their heads shoved underneath the back tyres, whilst they are spinning.

Whether or not a thread is directed at it being done on the street, I don't make that assumption. It's probably due to me having a fair few mates and relatives involved in the burnout scene and them telling me how popular they are becoming, especially with the younger generation

ScottThomaSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder

Haven’t heard of any pads in Perth just tracks ect. If you know any that would be sick

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
ive got a mate that is top level in the burnouts and those cars have alot of work done to stop it catching on fire, having air bags in the wheel well area is just not a good idea imo for burnout comps, if ur just doing the odd skid here and there without popping the tyres should be fine

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6