Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy ute regency defect in Adelaide is it worth getting the defect off?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@vc commodore, I can think of plenty of scenarios and alternative possibilities in handling such roadworthy issues. I can also think of many scenarios with crashes that can occur because of such defects. But at the end of the day I simply disagree with you.

I’m happy for you to have your opinion but you seem to want to be argumentative and I don’t want to play those games. Maybe over a friendly beer but not on a forum where visual queues simply don’t translate.
.. stiff bikies...
Yep, as I’ve said, I would accept the stiff bickies enforcement principles, or is it stiff bikkies... don’t think it’s stiff bikies (don’t want to upset people who ride choppers) but I’ll put that down to an auto correct issue :p

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
@vc commodore, I can think of plenty of scenarios and alternative possibilities in handling such roadworthy issues. I can also think of many scenarios with crashes that can occur because of such defects. But at the end of the day I simply disagree with you.

I’m happy for you to have your opinion but you seem to want to be argumentative and I don’t want to play those games. Maybe over a friendly beer but not on a forum where visual queues simply don’t translate.
Yep, as I’ve said, I would accept the stiff bickies enforcement principles, or is it stiff bikkies... don’t think it’s stiff bikies (don’t want to upset people who ride choppers) but I’ll put that down to an auto correct issue :p

I accept we all have differing views, but in this instance your view is taking things to the extremities of stupidity.....

Seriously, 1 blown globe will not cause an accident, there for demanding a full roadworthy for a trivial thing is far from being warranted.

Not everyone works a 9 to 5 day and servoes seem to be few and far between, that sell globes these days

Other items, yes I agree....

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
After getting used to nsw, getting a 12 monthly full inspection from a qualified workshop for about $50 is a bonus. You can get it done early and it makes everyone have a regular relationship with their local mechanic.

Cars here are pretty safe, even when modded, so our system works.

You blokes in sa should be asking for our system.

No shitboxes or oil leakers last here.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
@vc commodore, there you go again.... my view may be extreme from your perspective but it’s fully valid from mine.... calling my view “the extremities of stupidity” is just insulting which seems to be your modus operandi. You really need to re-evaluate your behaviour towards others.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
@vc commodore, there you go again.... my view may be extreme from your perspective but it’s fully valid from mine.... calling my view “the extremities of stupidity” is just insulting which seems to be your modus operandi. You really need to re-evaluate your behaviour towards others.

Might be insulting towards you, but honestly how can you put it politely? Commenting A small globe should be a full roadworthy is extreme stupidity, as in no way shape or form is it considered dangerous...

On the other hand, in this state a bald tyre or more only incurs a police station defect, rather than a full roadworthy inspection....I also consider this stupidity on behalf of the gov't, because as I see it and assume you, it is very dangerous and shows a lack of care for anyone using the roads and anyone stupid enough to drive like this deserves to be hit hard

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
I have a crewman with tub liner have to remove tub to change bulbs half hour job lol

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Might be insulting towards you, but honestly how can you put it politely?
Ask your mum but if you haven't learnt how to express yourself without being insulting to people, I guess you never will.
Commenting A small globe should be a full roadworthy is extreme stupidity, as in no way shape or form is it considered dangerous...
I see too many cars with blown headlamps and tail lamps. Especially with the former, a crucial part of the purpose of headlights is to more easily let other road users see you approaching so I make no apologies for what you consider my "extreme" views.

I remember at least one person has been killed by a vehicle with a blown left hand headlamp. I'm sure the deceaced family members would have liked such extreme roadworthy rules to have existed back then if that meant their loved one would still be here.
On the other hand, in this state a bald tyre or more only incurs a police station defect, rather than a full roadworthy inspection....I also consider this stupidity on behalf of the gov't, because as I see it and assume you, it is very dangerous and shows a lack of care for anyone using the roads and anyone stupid enough to drive like this deserves to be hit hard
I sell neither tyres or globes yet I see the importance of all aspects of a vehicle being up to scratch.

I'm not too surprised that you recognise the stupidity of a bald tyres only getting a "police defect" as being deficient though it does smacks of a self serving attitude since you have skin in the game.

As I've said before, I have my view and feel comfortable with them.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Might be insulting towards you, but honestly how can you put it politely? Commenting A small globe should be a full roadworthy is extreme stupidity, as in no way shape or form is it considered dangerous...

You can’t argue with the law/road rules, which quite clearly is what @Skylarking is showing the OP :)

Hey no need to drag everyone down to your misery by attacking other users, get over yourself, go peddle your sheet to people who care somewhere else. Show some respect for other users, it’s not about personal opinions, it’s about the law. :)

If you rear ended a car in front of you in an accident and were trapped in your car, I bet you will be arguing about the car in front had no brake lights/defectable with the emergency services and police when they try and cut you out. Go figure, and you probably jump up and down to the ambulance crew as they asses you that the other car is illegal and not road worthy/safe due to no brake lights. You wouldn’t worry about rear tyres then when ins claims it’s your fault and the police fine/send you to court for undue care and tailgating/not ensuring a safe distance to car in front. :)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
@Vin999 let’s not degrade the thread any more than it has been already.

I accept my view is a bit on the extreme side. I’ve got my reasons but as I’ve said, if I am on the receiving end of a “pit pass” so be it, I’ll take my medicine like a big boy and won’t argue with the police. Just don’t the like insults in the discussion but that’s for VC to realise and respect the differing viewpoints.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You can’t argue with the law/road rules, which quite clearly is what @Skylarking is showing the OP :)

Hey no need to drag everyone down to your misery by attacking other users, get over yourself, go peddle your sheet to people who care somewhere else. Show some respect for other users, it’s not about personal opinions, it’s about the law. :)

If you rear ended a car in front of you in an accident and were trapped in your car, I bet you will be arguing about the car in front had no brake lights/defectable with the emergency services and police when they try and cut you out. Go figure, and you probably jump up globe blown, and down to the ambulance crew as they asses you that the other car is illegal and not road worthy/safe due to no brake lights. You wouldn’t worry about rear tyres then when ins claims it’s your fault and the police fine/send you to court for undue care and tailgating/not ensuring a safe distance to car in front. :)

Globes blown as a result of an accident can be determined to be caused by an accident....So you can argue all you like with that, but the truth with come out before an infringement is issued...But you being an expert, should know that

Law....Yes, the coppers actually use common sense with globes....They do give a written warning in this state, if A globe is blown....

And what you and skylarking seem to be missing is the letter A....If A globe is blown, a full roadworthy is overkill...More than A globe blown...I actually had a copper pull me up one night due to no taillights...They worked when I left home, as they reflected on my gates.....According to you two, I should have had a full roadworthy, because I didn't have eyes on the back of my car at all times...But the copper used common sense and allowed me to determine the cause ( a blown fuse) and fixed it the old fashion way with cigarette paper and went on my merry way...

Oh and being fined for a rear ender...Doesn't always occur....But that's another topic

Last edited: