Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register
H
Rating:
0%
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Feedback Stats

• hi hako I need some help on my vp handbreak shoes I put new ones on but my rotter wont go on please heap
    Hey mate, got a question about a vs ecotec. Dont a conversion into a vr, all good and runs well with no engine light or oil light on. Only problem in loud ticking from lifter area, replaced lifters and its a little better, clean out all sluge from engine and run 3 different oils through it. Now my question is how much oil should squirt out when running it without rocker covers as I suspect lack of oil pressure and also the rear plate, if this has been blocked with sealant would this restrict oil feed to he heads? Cheers
    Sorry for late reply - re brakes ....sounds like discs are dodgy and either worn or distorted making them grip differently causing shudder....new ones are cheap. Renew pads at same time.
    Can cause all problems you quote.

Regards

Hako
    M
    Yeah, the mazda was good apart from the gearbox issue-they have a weak design and fail due to a bearing between 4th and 5th gear-I had it rebuilt twice and finally had a heavy duty model fitted...Also had a engine go due to a hose and.

Valiant-nice, bbig, bold, loud and stylish-I like.
    I'v still got my WB deville magnum-havent seen or driven it for a bit over 2yrs-laid up on a friends property just appreciating.

Quick Q;
    I get a shudder when braking-im not sure whats causing it-might be warped disks-something to do with pads? calipers? something else?
    Bit of extra info: very heavy braking there is no shudder. Very light braking tere is no shudder, When brakes are cold there is no shudder, the shudder seems to stop if I brake hard then back off the brake pedal....

Another: When I come to a stop the car seems to wobble front to back-kind of like its rocking on the suspension-the shocks are fine, springs are good too-FE2 fitted factory-any ideas?

Cheers mate.
    M
    Hey big fella, I'm back after a few years of turning to the dark side-bloody mazda B2600 pita cash cow.

Hope alls well mate and I will be looking forward to not having to ask you for any assistance with my VY-unlike the poor tired VR I had.
    Gday Hako . I have a non commodore question for you mate, I hope you don't mind. Is there any way to check error codes on a Verada like with the paperclip on the VS? Cheers, Chris.
    I may well have as i didnt expect the problem, big beginner mistake, if it doesnt come good ill have to get a replacement from the local wreckers where i sourced all my cogs. Cheers heaps
    Hey you seem to be really helpful on all my threads n wondered if you might know something, i replaced the cog for my odo, followed the how to link youbsent me, but under 80 my speedo seems inacurate, any idea how to align it to correct speed?
    That was lucky! hopfefully didnt do any real damage to the engine. We'll see how mine goes in a few weeks when I take it up to the GC. Cheers again. Chris
    Gday Hako, The cd arrived today, thanks for that mate I really appreciate it mate. Can transfer some $ for postage etc..?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…