Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

07 ssv with cat back exhaust

Mikey_mikestar

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV
Insurance company had to talk to the dealer regarding the mods and apparently he told him it was 2". Might have to get under it and measure it myself I think. Did sound a bit small to me too. Does it make a difference with the mufflers and hot dogs in the middle compared to having the mufflers at the rear?

RoaringSky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 Manual Sedan
If you don't want any louder exhaust, then putting on extractors and cats will make it about 50% louder or more compare to what it has now. You may want to install a good set of rear mufflers, like Magna Flow ones.

Mikey_mikestar

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV
OK got under it to clear things up. 2 1/4" and then a 3" section where the rear mufflers should be.So am I right in saying all they did was add hot dogs in the middle and remove the rear mufflers? and if so what was the benefit if any?

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
OK got under it to clear things up. 2 1/4" and then a 3" section where the rear mufflers should be.So am I right in saying all they did was add hot dogs in the middle and remove the rear mufflers? and if so what was the benefit if any?

The stock system has a muffler first, then hotdogs (still technically in the middle) and then big cans at the rear.
I essentially think in your case it sounds like they put a straight through at the rear as its just a cheap way of making the car louder. Some people like the sound but most (and I'm making an assumption here) think it sounds overly loud and a bit ****.