Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

08 omega stereo

Smithky

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE/ 98VT
Hi all I want to install a aftermarket stereo but I don't want to put it in glove box is there anywhere else I can put it so it's accessible but looks good as well

VTSS304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Manual
not really. A lot of people just use the standard head unit, convert the speaker outputs to RCA and then run them into Amps and aftermarket speakers. And run the centre dash speaker out into and RCA and then into the amp for subs.

rjhoomuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 60th anniversary 2008
I have been doing a lot of research for the aftermarket stereo. Alpine was 1500 but i hated the look of the HVAC. Vlad had the ipod integration but i am not happy with the limited functions from the Ipod. I finally came accross with the one developped in the US for the pontiac G8 and they advised that it should fit in the car. All the kit is touch screen inlcuding the HVAC as well. the finish look is great as well. Its around 650 for the kit ( facia wiring and HVAC control)

https://www.facebook.com/G8Designs

The only thing i need to find out if the kit needs reprogramming with this system.If anyone could help me out if reprogramming is needed?

Thanks
Roshan

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Well it shouldn't, the reprogramming is for the headunit for security. It has the VIN coded into it so it can't be stolen and just put into another car (beats the old "enter security code" every time the battery is disconnected). The new fascia/HVAC isn't VIN coded and doesn't get an error. Well actually there is a hidden error about it missing, but that is of no concern as it works. At least that is the case in the old ugly style ones (which I have). And the "Alpine" one isn't Alpine. They just did a release, I bought mine separately and put a Pioneer in it. I would expect the G8 one to be the same being that any double din unit will work. Though mine was designed for Alpine/Pioneer/Clarion, so some things like steering controls probably wont work with other brands. Best to contact them to be sure.