Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

09 WM CAPRICE Rear Footwell vents not blowing air at all

kingi91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WM
Anyone had the same/similar issue, I have air vents under the passenger and driver seat that don't blow air at all, hot or cold

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The actuator might be at fault here.
While all the stuff online focuses on VE with dual or single zone, the operation of the trizone is an extention of the dual zone HVAC. There is additional doors operated by the same types of actuators.

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Just took my WM for a drive and noticed that I don't have any air coming out of the rear foot vents.
I've done some searching and found many diagrams of VE's with 4 actuators, but none that show the additional ones for a WM with Tri Zone.
Would anyone have such a diagram?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I might do. The actuator is bottom left or right toward the front from memory.
I’ll try remember to have a dig through the manual.

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Just took the WM to the workshop.

Took the passenger side covers off of the console and found the actuator for the rear feet, see picture. Did a HVAC reset and noticed that all actuators were moving ok. So I tested where the air came out based on face, feet or both. Turns out that the rear feet only delivers air when you choose the feet only option.

So I swapped out the existing actuator for a brand new one. Did HVAC reset and tested where the air came out. Same as the original. So I swapped the original back in (no point using up a new one...).

Did some further tests and found out that air only comes out of the rear feet vents if you select feet only (feet and face won't work). I also checked with the zones; air comes out if you select single, dual or tri zone.

So if you have a WM, chances are it's working as per design, you just need to select feet only... It means that rear passengers can't get feet and face at the same time.

Attachments

• Rear Footwell Actuator.JPG
    Rear Footwell Actuator.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 35

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
y comes out of the rear feet vents if you select feet only (feet and face won't work). I also checked with the zones; air comes out if you select single, dual or tri zone.

So if you have a WM, chances are it's working as per design, you just need to select feet only... It means that rear passengers can't get feet and face at the same time.
Are there any high level vents for the rear passengers in a WM?

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Only the top of the console, so it's more feet and knees... There's no roof outlets.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Only the top of the console, so it's more feet and knees... There's no roof outlets.
Wouldn't matter, it's still very comfy back there.

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
Let's just say that my kids worked out very early on that if they played up back there. I couldn't reach them!

But yes, it's a very comfy ride in the back.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Let's just say that my kids worked out very early on that if they played up back there. I couldn't reach them!

But yes, it's a very comfy ride in the back.
My old man used to tell me (& this goes for mum too) wait till you get home! :mad: