Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

100,000km

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
Hey all! The Black Utey is nearly at 100,000Km and almost 9 years old!!
It's been pretty good and still looks and feels like new.
I had a roof leak fixed and a radar unit replaced under warranty .
And the alternator replaced out of warranty.
Apart from those I've had no problems with it.
You've gotta love the L77. It's still noiseless on cold start!!
I had paint correction and ceramic coating just done and the difference is amazing! It used to look awful in direct sunlight but it really pops now!
Anyhow . . . I'm just about to do the service on it. I have changed trans oil (man) and diff oil. And cleaned the throttle body although it was really clean!
I was planning to change the plugs and flush the coolant and brake fluid. Is there anything else that needs doing? Also what plugs and fluids would be best? I was thinking NGK plugs and Penrite fluids. I run it on E85 so is there a specific plug to use? It generally has an easy life. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Geoff

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Hey all! The Black Utey is nearly at 100,000Km and almost 9 years old!!
It's been pretty good and still looks and feels like new.
I had a roof leak fixed and a radar unit replaced under warranty .
And the alternator replaced out of warranty.
Apart from those I've had no problems with it.
You've gotta love the L77. It's still noiseless on cold start!!
I had paint correction and ceramic coating just done and the difference is amazing! It used to look awful in direct sunlight but it really pops now!
Anyhow . . . I'm just about to do the service on it. I have changed trans oil (man) and diff oil. And cleaned the throttle body although it was really clean!
I was planning to change the plugs and flush the coolant and brake fluid. Is there anything else that needs doing? Also what plugs and fluids would be best? I was thinking NGK plugs and Penrite fluids. I run it on E85 so is there a specific plug to use? It generally has an easy life. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Geoff
I would change the plugs definitely. If youre happy with the stock ones just use those (AC Delco 41-110)

I am running NGK tr6 copper but I have cam and supporting mods (1 stage colder plug, stock heat range is tr5)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
As long as it does not have a broken fret and its not the dart then you are all good.