Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

110 km/ph in a 60 zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
jolly_97 said:
ok, while we're on the topic of speeding...

I GOT DONE BY A BLOODY SPEED CAMERA DOWN A HILL!

lol i got done doing 65 in a 50 and the camera was parked just at the bottom of a ridge..

already got a $280 fine and paid it, they said they will send me something in the mail. when i went to the cop shop to ask about it they said court and 3 demerit points (outta my 4) so mehrm

im in SA and on my P's , what chances u think ive got at keepin my licence?

(i have a job and use my car to get to and from my job/skool)

ps. one of my mates got done, bloody idiot lost his licence for 12months (127km/h in a 60 zone) i gave him sooo much ****

cheers
Josh
As soon as you pay your fine thats an admission of guilt.

You can't get out of that, 15 and over is only 3 points, if you've got 4 they cannot upgrade the fine.

For future reference, if a car is parked on a ridge or a corner, take a photo of it with your phone. The vast majority of fines are given with the cops parked in positions which can give an incorrect reading. 15 and over you're obviously speeding, however you can take it to court and get the fine downgraded with evidence.

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
It sucks nowadays, back in the eighties there was no such thing as speed cameras, points, booze buses...blah blah.
Bad luck dude, hope ya get off easy

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
yeah, well i didnt really have a choice with my fine, the cars in dads name for insurance reasons so it went to him and he just did the declaration, the fines have to be paid by a certain date otherwise u get ****ed up even more..

im spewin i didnt take any pics, he was on the bottom of a ridge and the speed cameras operating sign was on a tree in the park accross the road facing INTO the park... :(

hopefully i should get by, i need my car soo much...

cheers
Josh

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Ludacris said:
What an absolute load of crap..... Name one case where someone has got off because the copper wasn't wearing a hat.... God some people on here are full of it... Including this thread, doing that rediculous speed should not even get the time of day....
You only have to look at the recent death of The Great Peter BROCK to realise things do happen even to the best of us.....

Think ya will find he might be rite there as they have to be in Full uniform as i kno a coppa was told to go put his full uniform on befor he pulled anybody else over as he wasent in full uniform and he left and dident return.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
jolly_97 said:
yeah, well i didnt really have a choice with my fine, the cars in dads name for insurance reasons so it went to him and he just did the declaration, the fines have to be paid by a certain date otherwise u get ****ed up even more..
I'm not sure how they operate in SA, but thats a myth in NSW.

In NSW, you have 21 days to pay the fine, after which a reminder letter is sent out, you have another 21 days to pay the fine, after which another reminder is sent out, which has 60 days to pay... If you do not pay within that 60 days you recieve a summons to court. The fine cannot be increased, however whilst the fine has not been paid after these reminders, you cannot renew your license or registration on your car (it may also damage your credit rating I'm not sure).

A contest to the fine must be sent within the first 21 days of being processed however.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Clutchy said:
Think ya will find he might be rite there as they have to be in Full uniform as i kno a coppa was told to go put his full uniform on befor he pulled anybody else over as he wasent in full uniform and he left and dident return.

So your calling Ludacris a liar?

You do realise he is a policeman right? :)

You also realise an officer can issue a fine when in no uniform?

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
minux said:
So your calling Ludacris a liar?

You do realise he is a policeman right? :)

You also realise an officer can issue a fine when in no uniform?

NOT calling anybody a liar mate did ya read the word might near the start of my comment ?

And if i knew he was a copper do ya think i would of quoted wot i did
and i have been told about the full uniform thing befor but was a fair wile ago but never tried it as i dont go stupid in me car like i use to so im not upto date with all the tricks they are using today.

And no i dident relise he they can issue a fine out of uniform are u refering to out of duty no uniform at all or wot there ?

As if they were in there own car going to do the shopping and he does you for speeding sort of fine ? if that is the case how does that work or am i reading to far into it ?
Cheers Clutchy

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
And the part about the cop being asked to put his full uniform on happend on the weekend here as he was standing inthe middle of the road without his reflective vest and it was all to do with workcover laws a stuff thats all il say on that comment.

Just_Ice

Reaction score
All the stuff you guys are talking are internal matters within the Police Dept. It has nothing to do with getting off a fine....
Police can get in trouble for not wearing hats or reflective vests, but it is a Disciplinary matter between the dept and the individual...

Like I stated before, someone show me a case where they got off a speeding ticket because the copper wasn't wearing his hat....

As for the off duty thing, it can be done.... Not so much speeding as personal vehicles speedos aren't calibrated..

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Clutchy said:
i take it you dont know what a 'plain clothes officer' is then...

Status
Not open for further replies.