Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
you will most likely need another diff. I think the lsd is larger? but in any case you can pick up a second hand one from ebay for around $400. When you get it, its a good idea to change the oil and add lsd additive.
I still get too much wheel spin in the wet but my tyres are fairly cheap, which is most likely the cause.

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
Yes same with anything I suppose.

The trouble apparently with LSDs, is when they get "loose", which apparently happens when you do donuts or just too much side ways action. This can stuff the diff very quickly.

You can get gears put into one, IE a rebuilt one. But I just chanced it for $400. The guy selling it sounded fairly genuine. Had a HSV, and put in different type of LSD. in the ad he specifically said it was tight and had no play. For me the risk paid off. Do some searches on here for LSDs, because the are many, many posts about them. And people with a lot more knowledge than me.

Oh and it is worth it. Once you have one in you will never want a car without one. Is your car the NA 6 or SC?

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
just get one of a ss or something and get it rebuilt with any ratio if ya want should be around a grand all up