Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

14,000 holden commodores to be recalled for brake issues?

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
Insignia was a decent car … Holden’s mistake in calling it a Commodore was the same mistake in calling the Monaro a GTO in the USA.
Monaro was a much better car than anything which wore the GTO badge, but putting a GTO badge on it had a terrible effect on it’s sales …
Not trying to start an argument or piss you off, but I think it was less to do with the ZB's name and more to do with consumer demand and the changing times. The ZB is a Commodore, just a different one. But why spend the $37k on a RS (or $33k on the LT) when you could buy a Camry hybrid for slightly cheaper and get better fuel economy? (which is what 98% of drivers care about.)

A lot of people say it's not a Commodore. I beg to differ. Once again, not trying to piss you off or argue.

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
[QUOTE="red_vxr, post: 3286703, member: 194478"
A lot of people say it's not a Commodore. I beg to differ. Once again, not trying to piss you off or argue.
[/QUOTE]

It's a Commodore in name only.

No v8 offered and not rwd.
Not a real holden commodore and never will be.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s an Insignia. Nothing like the pedigree of Holdens of old. No matter what the platform origins were.

Holden took the cars and made them better. Ford did the same with theirs.

Visually similar. Way better.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Recall on the ZB?
1660882400015.jpeg

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the insigniodore is its own vehicle here in aus, it was a last attempt by a company in a death spiral and it is always going to be disliked by enthusiasts and liked by the people that own them.
regardless of its name plate it is a decent vehicle for its class, drives/ handles extremely well and has enough power for the daily grind.

it will never be a enthusiast vehicle like the v8 commodores but the v6 commodores are not enthusiast vehicles either.

i have owned a number of v6 commodores over the years and if given the choice of the v6 commodore or the v6 insigniodore then i would pick the insigniodore because it is just a better drive when you are doing 100km+ per day.