Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

14 month old Redline or SV6 thats been sitting around

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I must compile and post my history with Holden and my beloved SS. Just a very brief example - 3 trips to get a towbar cutout surround correct, refusal of confirmed wobbly harmonic balancer and 2 x leaky rocker covers, both under Holden warranty, 5 returns for seat clips and base fix, 3 days to do the park brake module, now left with creaky rear end, tens of hours spent getting educated and fighting every level of Holden for a new steering rack. That would be half, off the top of my head, not kidding. As I said to family and friends, you'd swear the cars a lemon. It isn't more problematic than any other car, but 3 -5 trips, plus arguments per problem, plus some service fixes that weren't done right the first time makes it feel like it. I dead set have been to the dealership 100 times when it should have been 10. Possible exaggeration. My very organised better half has the dirt file on every interaction since the beginning. If everyone spoke of their amazing relationships with Holden, then I'd think I chosen the wrong small town to live in or someones Voodoo'ed my arse. But Holden, generally speaking, seem on the wrong side of alot of us.
Too sum up, if you believe in the law of attraction, I am about to attract 60k of head f*#k.

Disclaimer - Wine consumption commenced an hour ago, Pirate/Monstar/Tekashi6ix9ine, if your out there, Devils Corner Pinot! Don't hate when I post in 6 hours, "hells yeah I'm driving 8 hours for a test drive tomorrow......hungover" F*$k the voodoo curse/shite Holden dealership backup/John Cadogan 50 worst brands to not buy (holden no. 1) youtube review. I want this thing!
Banjo out....

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yes stuck with Holden for warranty claims but aren’t you also loosely tied to Holden for service bulletin fixes and likely other things that 3rd party service shops don’t have access to?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
but aren’t you also loosely tied to Holden for service bulletin fixes and likely other things that 3rd party service shops don’t have access to?

That's one of the only reasons to return to a dealer for servicing.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Contrary to most I actually don’t have an issue with Dealer servicing...mind you I drive past 4 or 5 other Dealers to go to the one in Brisbane that I prefer, having bought quite a few Commodores over the years (& even a secondhand Camira back in the day :D).

They look after me, they don’t wash my cars and know that I am fastidious. Unless you self service or have a good friend who will do true mates rates, I find the capped price servicing the best thing that has come along in recent years...yes, I still have to turn down the ‘do you want your injectors cleaned?’, ‘can we rotate your tyres?’ (I have a Bridgestone mate that looks after tyres), ‘can we change the air in your tyres?’, ‘do you want fries with that?’ etc etc which is the real icing on the cake for them...so they get nothing extra out of me that way.

Mind you I’ve still got 2 more free services with the ute so can’t do much better than that. The SS capped price I find very reasonable (yes I know it’s an expensive oil change but I would only save a few $$ if I went somewhere else...and I know these guys will listen if I’m not happy with something).

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Yes stuck with Holden for warranty claims but aren’t you also loosely tied to Holden for service bulletin fixes and likely other things that 3rd party service shops don’t have access to?
Too true. Like reverse lines for the early VF's. No one else could of flashed them in, not that Holden was particularly enthused to do it themselves either. Oh the memories....

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Thanks for the opinions guys. They have been appreciated. My gut instinct has told me don't do it. Not so much for the sitting around potential issues, but I also have this sick feeling I'll buy it and have some on going issue that will, no s**t, probably send me over the edge mentally and the service manager over the edge literally. I just can't tie myself to this prick of a company for the next 7 years. Sorry to waste a good thread.
Thought I'd give this thread a fairy-tale ending and take a 900km spin round the block today to this wonderful beast for at least a test drive tomorrow. No harm (Colour and town withheld) Did the car checks last night and what do you know, coolant dipstick barely registering, leaking fr##king radiator! WTF! Who is voodooing my cars effigy? No seriously stop it! Neither of us can take this. Im not sure if I should read the signs and give up, or make my first ever "hate purchase" at any cost, even sanity.

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
TTubrag saw the signs, and it opened up his mind, he saw the signs. Car purchase is demanding, with Holdens Sweet FA understanding.
In all serious though TTubrag, you are welcome to read my leaves anyday.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
With all due respect Banjo, have you consumed any crystal meth today..?

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
Supercharger!