Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Re-manufactured 19" Redline Wheels & Tyres

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Tyre brand front to rear isn't crutial...

Can't even see a problem having a different tyre left to right on the rear....As long as the size is identical

The fronts I recommend being the same brand and pattern....That's where all the steering is done and 70% of the braking is done..

Of course others will think and say differently...So leave it in your court

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Tyre brand front to rear isn't crutial...

Can't even see a problem having a different tyre left to right on the rear....As long as the size is identical

The fronts I recommend being the same brand and pattern....That's where all the steering is done and 70% of the braking is done..

Of course others will think and say differently...So leave it in your court
Buy premium front tires, 'coz steering and most braking.
Cheapies for the rear 'coz LS engines hate rear tires...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Buy premium front tires, 'coz steering and most braking.
Cheapies for the rear 'coz LS engines hate rear tires...

My $75 specials are doing me well with what I do in the car.....

Last couple of weeks, I've done about 1,200 highway Kays over 2 seperate days with no problems....Been some pretty below average roads too...

IMA might not be a V8, nor 19" wheels, but still pricing doesn't always indicate quality.... ;)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Also, I'm on my 2nd set of Dragonsports (20s) now.

Got 60k km out of the first set and they had a little life left still.

Reactions: Lex

Dart77

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon, S1 VE wagon SSV8
September is the start of the new model year, so your Commodore is a MY09.
Ok I see. I looked at quite a few VE compliance plates on google search and can't see any MY_ _ , so it must be an accepted word of mouth thing or a dealer code sort of thing. All the ones I looked at (after 09) had a similar model code format as mine (VE8EP35). I looked at that VIN code post in this forum, which is great too and I can work out that P is SS-V, 8 is wagon; E is 2008 - 2013. Not sure what 35 is

Dart77

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I could be wrong, but my recollection was that the 275s were actually (a little) cheaper than the 245s the last time I purchased tyres. It could be different now?
That's interesting. Hope so! I would've thought that supply and demand and manufacturing size and qty would dictate a higher price for the 275. Can only find out I suppose.

Dart77

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
wasn't aware VE Redline had staggered set-ups from factory.
The guy whose selling them had a VE Redline and a VF (S1) Redline, so maybe they were from the latter vehicle? Not sure. But even if they're not exactly correct for my model, I'll still grab them. There's getting less and less of the genuine ones and they are new after all. Have to get this stuff when it comes up and this guy sounds really helpful - didn't want my offer of a packing fee, he's putting them on a pallet and sending Vic-WA for $100. Can't complain about that.

Dart77

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Also, I'm on my 2nd set of Dragonsports (20s) now.

Got 60k km out of the first set and they had a little life left still.
That's good to know!

Dart77

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree. However when I checked my fronts more closely after I bought it I noticed that they are different model Potenzas. Same size of course but tread pattern is different. When walking around the car during pre-sale, at first glance, all looked ok, heaps of tread, all Potenzas etc. That was yet another thing I missed when I bought it, including a touched up gouge in the bonnet paint (front area) - most obvious place in the world but I didn't fricken see it.

I was intending to swap the rears (same pattern etc) to the fronts, but now I'm getting these factory 19" rims, I won't bother.

Last edited: