Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

160,000km service gearbox? Done at local mechanic runs beautiful. Midas go there from now on. Stay away from DANS TRANS BKTWN!!

Gg.cl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vf commodore sv6 2017
Hi, holden sv6 2017. I called Midas for a price on my service was 460 something. When I meantioned the gearbox he said “why do you want to service it?” I told him because it’s past it’s last one 60k kms ago. He said another 350 odd. He said it will fail after! Wtf he told me every one he has serviced has failed and not to service it. I can’t go back to my old trans guy for reasons I don’t want to even get into. What do I do and also where do I go?
Thanks

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Generally, if you Flush a high Km transmission then yes, it could do more harm than good, though if you are only servicing and something goes wrong the transmission probably has underlying issues.

I got my VE transmission serviced at 200xxx and I believe that it never recieved a service before, and I faced no issues

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Thread moved to the appropriate area.

Find someone else to service it. Don't have to get it machine flushed, just drop the pan, new filter and fluid.

Gg.cl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Generally, if you Flush a high Km transmission then yes, it could do more harm than good, though if you are only servicing and something goes wrong the transmission probably has underlying issues.

I got my VE transmission serviced at 200xxx and I believe that it never recieved a service before, and I faced no issues
I had it rebuilt a year ago when it failed so it’s supposed to be like a year old transmission technically from what I know.. Anyway…
He told me “Midas” guy, that it will fail after wtf . To add to my post… my trans failed a year ago and had to get it refurbished and I got ripped off he didn’t change the computer which was the problem the whole time. He charged me every time I brought it back. Originally costed 5.5k ended up costing almost 7k in the end I found out from the only supplier that he never changed it!! And wanted to charge me for the computer yet again once he finally fixed the problem!!! Every part was supposed to be new! Idk what to do with the trans or where to take it
Thanks

Gg.cl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thread moved to the appropriate area.

Find someone else to service it. Don't have to get it machine flushed, just drop the pan, new filter and fluid.
Ok thanks that helps a lot . I thought doing that was a service.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I had it rebuilt a year ago when it failed so it’s supposed to be like a year old transmission technically from what I know.. Anyway…
He told me “Midas” guy, that it will fail after wtf . To add to my post… my trans failed a year ago and had to get it refurbished and I got ripped off he didn’t change the computer which was the problem the whole time. He charged me every time I brought it back. Originally costed 5.5k ended up costing almost 7k in the end I found out from the only supplier that he never changed it!! And wanted to charge me for the computer yet again once he finally fixed the problem!!! Every part was supposed to be new! Idk what to do with the trans or where to take it
Thanks
No warranty for the trans rebuild/ recon?

Gg.cl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok thanks that helps a lot . I thought doing that was a service.
Like I said technically it should be like a 1 year old tranny had it rebuilt a year ago. Just took a nightmare to get it done right and alot of unnecessary extra cash. Was just the computer all along if you read above will see what I went through.
Cheers appreciated

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The "Midas" touch, or Midas well take it somewhere else.....

Just google search transmission shops in your area.

Gg.cl

Reaction score
Members Ride
No warranty for the trans rebuild/ recon?
Nope. Was dodgy af. It’s working ok just feel like it’s a bit slow sometimes. The post earlier just get them to drop pan and change filter and fluid I think is best bet and yeh no Midas lol