Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

17" or 18" Wheels

HogzDogzNUtez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Ute
Getting wheels for my VZ ute and can't decide whether it is worth it to pay $300 more for 18 inch mags. Do they really look that much better? Let me know your thoughts!

dmar

kl
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
bro any size you get, youll soon wish for bigger but definitely get 18s as a minimum, im running 18s and wish i had 19s

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
+1... 18s.. bigger is better. 19s on a VZ look the perfect size imo... Maybe save some extra cash and get a set of 19s? But if your shooting for comfort, 17s may not be so silly.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
+1... 18s.. bigger is better. 19s on a VZ look the perfect size imo... Maybe save some extra cash and get a set of 19s? But if your shooting for comfort, 17s may not be so silly.

Go for the 17's, your back will thank you (and yes I have 18's cause they were cheap lol)

NQC'doreVTManual

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Toyota Hilux D/Cab SR5 4x4 4L V6 Manual
Yeah mate 17"s all the way. I had 18"s on my VT and the ride was like getting yr spine ripped out with needle nose plires. It also didn't help that it had FE2 tho with the 18"s. I got 17"s on my magna and the ride comfort is the same as the standard 15"s plus u still get that look of big wheels. The tyres are also a lot cheaper too. Sometimes people mistake my wheels for 18"s! Plus they'll be better 4 loading up yr tray as they can take more weight (not much more but still) as the profile is higher. Besides, if you get 235/45 R17 tyres like mine, they'll make the car handle better (more grip) and you'll get the wide tyre look too!

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
Yeah mate 17"s all the way. I had 18"s on my VT and the ride was like getting yr spine ripped out with needle nose plires. It also didn't help that it had FE2 tho with the 18"s. I got 17"s on my magna and the ride comfort is the same as the standard 15"s plus u still get that look of big wheels. The tyres are also a lot cheaper too. Sometimes people mistake my wheels for 18"s! Plus they'll be better 4 loading up yr tray as they can take more weight (not much more but still) as the profile is higher. Besides, if you get 235/45 R17 tyres like mine, they'll make the car handle better (more grip) and you'll get the wide tyre look too!

Looking at 17's for my VT, would 17's + FE2's be a better option over SL's?? (or other options...?)

HogzDogzNUtez

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Ute
Decided on 18" - Now which wheels?

Hmmm okay so I've decided to go with 18" wheels, now I have to decide between the cheap arse version of the King Wheels - Luxury or the CSA - Haze.

Note that my ute is very standard and is pretty much gunna stay like that (not lowering it or buying a hard cover etc).

I'm thinking the King Wheels - Luxury cause I think they will match the standard look a little better.

Suggestions?

Trevhead62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline Ute. 2011.
Iv'e got stock VE Calais (18") rims on my VZ Calais. Looks better than the stock 17's. But don't forget the price of tires goes up exponentially with the rim size. Also, you get less life out of them.