Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

191kieran191's all encompassing SV6 Manta exhaust thread (don't start another one!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
I think it makes that sound because there's no muffler before the hotdogs. My Xforce 2.5" catback doesn't make the noise.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
If your series 2 has the LFX engine then there is no aftermarket header available as the LFX has a single exhaust port on each bank. Vongy is currently in the process of having larger diameter pipe grafted on to these outlets so you should be watching what happens with his car. As for the sound I reckon the V6's sound better with an xpipe in them.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I'm sure the Manta system is well built but I'm sorry I reckon that sounds like my arse after a big night with curry and bourbons. Or alternatively one of my larger patients with really wet lungs taking their last few breaths.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
i just did a 200KM trip exhaust now has a even deeper more defined note and that air sound is there when reving in idle not driving anymore i think over time it should only get better

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Got news that the pipes and cats are done. Should sound deeper and be a bit louder.

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
get your ECU tuned it would help out with the noise alittle
i just did a 200KM trip exhaust now has a even deeper more defined note and that air sound is there when reving in idle not driving anymore i think over time it should only get better

Status
Not open for further replies.