Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

191kieran191's all encompassing SV6 Manta exhaust thread (don't start another one!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No extractors are available that will bolt up the the cats in the factory position. You will need to either relocate the cats, or fit new ones.

Extractors are $550 shipped, Euro 4 compliant 100% legal high flow direct fit cats are $715 a pair.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Sounds so much better with extractors, the high flow cats help too, compared with a mate hehe

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
i just hope if i get extractors and high flow cats it gets rid of that sucking noise :) when i back off accelerator. this exhaust is great dont get me wrong but that noise when backing off accelerator is a HUGE let down it makes the car sound **** when shifting gears or slowing down.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Has a lot to do with the fuel cutout on decelleration. The popping on most cars is unburnt fuel igniting in the exhaust, the VE cuts the fuel altogether on decel so you won't have any exhaust "noise", you don't hear it with the stock system as it's so quiet to begin with.

Do you still have the stock air filter? Putting a high flow one in will change the noise on decel.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
i was thinking of a growler also the exhaust is sounding pretty sweet when it gets hot now i love the crackle it gets at around 4k rpm

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
this is how it sounds 10 days after install

Last edited by a moderator:

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
Exhaust sound getting louder

Hi guys posted here a few times about the same noise from my exhaust it seems to be getting worse when reving the car sounds fine but when the revs come down i get a HORRIBLE noise ill post my vid once again. also when you shift down gears i get that sound and no exhaust note its driving me crazy ive done HEAPS of looking around cant for the life of me figure out why i have this noise and no one else. also there is no leaks and the noise comes from the resi or hot dog what ever its called

also that sounds MUCH louder when your standing at the car video makes it quieter

Last edited by a moderator:

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
It would be from too much flow. Get a small middle muffler welded in and that should get rid of the flutter.

191kieran191

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 Thunder Ute
k thanks will contact not an abba and get some front mufflers. I hope that fixes the sound other wise ill have to buy a xforce car back and try and sell this manta I will lose a heap of money but no one likes the sound of my car which well I can't blame them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.