Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1999 MKIV Supra - Twin Turbo

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
ugh, one of the biggest flaws with supras is the lack of traction. and that TRC is just the worst, rather than giving you 'some' power during a skid, it just shuts the whole sha-bang off. friggin annoying. even with good 265's on the back they still lack traction. then couple that with an UBER 2j with a auto trans that is gear all up the ****, you have all the makings of epic fail in the wet.

but still quite a lot of fun.

oh yeah and the pic is a full vielside kit. all genuine including the wheels. and a GZ (i think) auto trans, full leather with targa roof. bought by a very rich chinese kid. :p

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
always wanted a supra! missus and family wouldnt let me for my first car as i just missed out on the gay p plate laws so was able to drive turbos/8s etc. they told me i would kill myself! :(

now that i think of the **** that happend to the vt im sort of glad i didnt get one i probly would be dead! :p one day though i will have one! and if not a supra ill have a 2j in something stupidly small! :D

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
sweet car man ive almost sealed the deal on a aristo and 250rwkw is a walk in the park with the 2j a exhaust and a intercooler with about 15psi can do it on a auto aristo so a manual should be piss easy

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Ari - whilst retrieveing more nutrigrain supplies earlier this evening, i snapped a few photos for you.

Thanks guys for the positive comments.

IMG_0151-1.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
damn dude thats looking nice :)
wanna swap for my commodore?

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
damn dude thats looking nice :)
wanna swap for my commodore?

Thanks man.

As is the case with all cars it need work.
But its a massive improvement from my mangtec vr v6.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
NICE! at least they have shielded that pod filter. FMIC and those wheels actually look really good man.

are your headlights a bit yellow? most supra headlights get this crusty yellow film on them after a while. Burson sell a headlight cleaning kit which i have used once on a soarer. brought them up to look brand new. highly recommend.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
The wheels are growing on me, I must say.