Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[1MMACUL8] 1995 VS Calais - L67

sycosystem

Reaction score
Members Ride
S1 L67 VS Calais & Datsun 120Y
The entire conversion was completed in one day. I started 6am Sunday and it started first time at 9pm that night.

I must thank my old man Joe, his mate Jim and Justin(Astro) for giving me a hand at different times throughout the day.

This is the video of its first startup, i forgot to connect a vacuum line on the rear of the drivers side head so it sounds cammed. lol

YouTube - Car

The following video is the dyno run when it was an N/A ECOTEC L36

YouTube - VS Calais

The following is the dyno run once the Supercharged ECOTEC L67 was installed

YouTube - MVI_7047.avi

VSSECO

Underdog rebuild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS - 6 pots, 5 cogs
Very clean car mate, i'm impressed. Can I ask what power your car run in n/a form? And how much the power increased with stock L67?

sycosystem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Very clean car mate, i'm impressed. Can I ask what power your car run in n/a form? And how much the power increased with stock L67?

Power output is listed in the first post.

Power:
L36 = 154.6rwhp
L67 = 210.6rwhp (Before intake was done)

Torque was the biggest improvement with the L67, Pete ran an 11.9 second 1/4 mile with roughly 290rwhp. Dyno figures are not as good as track times:yeah:

sycosystem

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate, what rpm does your car do at 100 with the 3.7's in?
I just had mine fitted and I swear theres like no change

Hey mate, yeah there should be a difference.

3.08 doing 100km/h - 1750rpm
3.7 doing 100km/h - 2100rpm

Before i put my speedo correction kit in the speedo was doing 127km/h when the sat nav was reading 100km/h. So maybe your gauge is saying 100km/h when your actually doing 80km/h. The diff gears will make you speedo read much higher.

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
Hey mate, yeah there should be a difference.

3.08 doing 100km/h - 1750rpm
3.7 doing 100km/h - 2100rpm

Before i put my speedo correction kit in the speedo was doing 127km/h when the sat nav was reading 100km/h. So maybe your gauge is saying 100km/h when your actually doing 80km/h. The diff gears will make you speedo read much higher.

yeh man hahaha I tested it last night on the freeway after I put it in but no one was on it so I couldnt judge, but I was doing 100 today and everyone was flying past me and I was like wtf?? lol. What wire did u splice the speedo corrector into? im so confused on which wire it is.

sycosystem

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh man hahaha I tested it last night on the freeway after I put it in but no one was on it so I couldnt judge, but I was doing 100 today and everyone was flying past me and I was like wtf?? lol. What wire did u splice the speedo corrector into? im so confused on which wire it is.

There is a violet/white wire running from PCM to speedo (C5 on the wiring diagram). You simply cut it and wire it into the correction kit, then give it 12V & Ground, then follow the tuning instructions that come with the kit. To easy, however i strongly recommend reading the PM i just sent you, they list possible variations in speed sensors.

crewsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sierra
There is a violet/white wire running from PCM to speedo (C5 on the wiring diagram). You simply cut it and wire it into the correction kit, then give it 12V & Ground, then follow the tuning instructions that come with the kit. To easy, however i strongly recommend reading the PM i just sent you, they list possible variations in speed sensors.

thanks for that info mate. im gonna have another crack at it tomorrow!