Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2 hole mod question

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
when i worked at repco i sold alot of the lukey polyester panels compared to the K+N panels. and iv heard the same thing with the maf sensor getting oiled up from the filter oil. a little more maintenance would see that problem gone but.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
In the end they're all pretty much the same. I only had the K&N for about 500km from new, never had the chance to re-oil it.

But nothing is ever the same, they might have just over oiled it when the made it. :)

mtharv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 UTE
Did this mod over weekend all was good very happy however I only sometimes can hear the induction sound and when u can it's very noticeable other times it's nothing?? Can anyone tell me why that is?

whitevz2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
white vz 2006
fitted mcai last weekend but didnt do 2 hole mod very happy with results power up fuel economy down induction sounds great well worth time and costs only $35 best ever.

mtharv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 UTE
Where exactly did u get mcai from mate?

whitevz2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
white vz 2006
all 3 parts bought from holden parts list in above thread

sirjolly18

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 holden VZ v6 ute.
CAI 2 hole mod

after doing a bit of research the 2 whole mod has been a great out come. Tho wouldn't keeping the 90 degree pipe allow cooler air when just going along slowly around but having the second hole for when a little performance is needed. OR could another pipe cut at an angle go striaght to the top and not have the 90* bend.

doing the mod this weekend.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
I have a Monaro so just added the extra pipe. I posted it in the “what did you do to your car” section but it got taken off. Whatever. Anyway I am not really sure how much difference it does by itself but it is cheap and worth a try. One thing though I was told not to use silicon or the like to seal the joins as it can affect the air flow sensors.

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
Do you really need to put the pvc pipe in place of the standard snorkle/ in the extra whole or can you just cut the 2nd hold and leave it at that keeping the standard snorkle either in or out and just having the 2not hole withour a pipe?

Vzjett

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz berlina v6
Also want to know can i keep the original snorkel in or do i have to change it to a pvc pipe?