Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2000 Vt vx throttle body

are bigger throttle body’s worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Full exhaust always useful.

Shorter diff ratio easy way to get more pick up.

Pretty sure there's a lot of tips for ecotec mods on forum.

Boof_94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
Full exhaust always useful.

Shorter diff ratio easy way to get more pick up.

Pretty sure there's a lot of tips for ecotec mods on forum.

Yeah had a few people say That,

I don’t quite understand the way the diff ratio works is it the the lower the ratio the Better?
Yeah this fourm has gotten me outta trouble a few times I’ll love this site

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I would like to go bigger throttle body, yeah iv seen the one that mace sell I was debating whether it was worth going a bigger or not? What else is recommended when upgrading throttle body mind you I’d like to try and keep it as street legal as possible,iv been looking at hi flow extractors and 2.5 inch exhaust, as well as higher ration rockers would eventually like to supercharge at some point, do you need to upgrade your injectors when changing throttle body?

If you go Supercharged, you will need to do a heap to the engine for it to last,
The Injectors are different for a Super6, in fact, a Super6 has a lot of item different items to a stock V6, they didnt just bolt a blower on it,
If you are going to spend that amount of money,
get hold a S/Hand Super6, and ECU etc etc, and start with a Basic Super6, pull it down and re-build it.
I have see a few of them floating around on eBay and Gumtree.
Would be a great project.

Boof_94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
If you go Supercharged, you will need to do a heap to the engine for it to last,
The Injectors are different for a Super6, in fact, a Super6 has a lot of item different items to a stock V6, they didnt just bolt a blower on it,
If you are going to spend that amount of money,
get hold a S/Hand Super6, and ECU etc etc, and start with a Basic Super6, pull it down and re-build it.
I have see a few of them floating around on eBay and Gumtree.
Would be a great project.

Yeah I was speaking to one of my mates over in Perth the other night when I was Installing my CAI and that’s what he suggested. And due to the fact the I’m still on ps “because I got my licence so late” I was thinking about getting a second hand super 6 and doing a complete tear down and rebuild as well as trans, so when I go full I could drop it straight in. Is there any different between super6 kfram and a n/a kfram?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Shorter diff gears work due to that being your final drive ratio, just as an example say if with your stock gearing you can do 70kmh max speed in 1st gear then you fit shorter gears now your max speed in 1st gear is only 55kmh but you can get there a lot quicker now... if your planning on buying a supercharged engine and building that up then it’s probably a waste of time putting bigger throttle body, rockers etc on your current engine just put the money towards the new engine

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I was speaking to one of my mates over in Perth the other night when I was Installing my CAI and that’s what he suggested. And due to the fact the I’m still on ps “because I got my licence so late” I was thinking about getting a second hand super 6 and doing a complete tear down and rebuild as well as trans, so when I go full I could drop it straight in. Is there any different between super6 kfram and a n/a kfram?

K-Frame is the same, Engine Mounts are the same,
However, I would just upgrade the suspension, so it will handle better,
[not lowered, maybe heavy duty springs, FE2 springs],
if you lower it, it will draw attention from the Girls & Boys in Blue],
Lowering it really does nothing, others beg to differ, apart from causing other under car issues, wheels scraping in the guards, scraping the crap out of the under body for driveways, and speed humps, and on uneven roads as high speed,
and also lowers the air flow under the car, which helps keep the engine a little bit cooler,
the other option, maybe if you got a set of stock FE2 springs, that will lower it a bit, but also make it handle a bit better and make it feel firmer, just a couple of options I would probably think about.

Boof_94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
Shorter diff gears work due to that being your final drive ratio, just as an example say if with your stock gearing you can do 70kmh max speed in 1st gear then you fit shorter gears now your max speed in 1st gear is only 55kmh but you can get there a lot quicker now... if your planning on buying a supercharged engine and building that up then it’s probably a waste of time putting bigger throttle body, rockers etc on your current engine just put the money towards the new engine

Thanks for all the advice guys have helped me decide witch is the best way to go. I believe supercharged is going to be the way, and probably in the long run a better idea.

Boof_94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
K-Frame is the same, Engine Mounts are the same,
However, I would just upgrade the suspension, so it will handle better,
[not lowered, maybe heavy duty springs, FE2 springs],
if you lower it, it will draw attention from the Girls & Boys in Blue],
Lowering it really does nothing, others beg to differ, apart from causing other under car issues, wheels scraping in the guards, scraping the crap out of the under body for driveways, and speed humps, and on uneven roads as high speed,
and also lowers the air flow under the car, which helps keep the engine a little bit cooler,
the other option, maybe if you got a set of stock FE2 springs, that will lower it a bit, but also make it handle a bit better and make it feel firmer, just a couple of options I would probably think about.

See I wasn’t 100 percent sure if the kfram/ engine mounts where different due to the power that super 6 can throw out if that makes sense, as in weather there were made stronger or not, yeah I’d definitely want it to handle nice not like boat, I made the mistake when I resprayed my car to put sssl’s springs in the rear but end up taking them out after about a week due to the fact 1, the road down were I live are rough as guts 2, as you said the rear scraps everywhere, worst idea of my life not only that but also made it harder to go bigger rims with out rolling my guards

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
See I wasn’t 100 percent sure if the kfram/ engine mounts where different due to the power that super 6 can throw out if that makes sense, as in weather there were made stronger or not, yeah I’d definitely want it to handle nice not like boat, I made the mistake when I resprayed my car to put sssl’s springs in the rear but end up taking them out after about a week due to the fact 1, the road down were I live are rough as guts 2, as you said the rear scraps everywhere, worst idea of my life not only that but also made it harder to go bigger rims with out rolling my guards

There is a saying, :eek:
Where there is a action, There is a re-action ;)

Last edited:

Boof_94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
Very true but the way I see it we can only learn from experience and asking questions, even thought they may be dumb sometimes
There is a saying that, :eek:
Where there is a action, There is a re-action ;)