Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Alright guys it's finally in! Two and half days later, many swearing, custom mounting, getting new hoses etc it's all fitted! Fitted up the water reservoir, fillted it up then it bloody leaked didn't it.. Out it came and fixed it all up.

Whoever wants to fit one of these up, they're pretty straight forward IF you knew where everything went - I did not. Had to ring Raptor a few times to get the correct fitment and which way the cooling system is done as there is no instructions -Tim is more than helpful and the items i needed to get correctly he said he will reinburse me so definitely good to deal with.

Went for a drive and wouldn't idle, boosted terrible etc. After a good 80-100klm drive I can say that has all changed and definitely has more power - Still think it's missing a fair bit due to the really easy tune, but hits 11PSI @ 5900RPM.

Big thanks to my brother for helping with the cooling side of things, and thanks to my mate Matt for helping me put some of it together.

Anyway pictures below, not in any particular order - shows how the cooling hoses were mounted, the radiator + reservoir + the rest of the charger setup.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Bit of a mission for sure but definitely there now.

Enjoy the easiest way to get boost that exists, apart from buying a car already with a blower lol

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Looks like you had a busy day there.

Haha you're not wrong, thats 2 and 1/2 days worth... But glad it's all done now.

Bit of a mission for sure but definitely there now.

Enjoy the easiest way to get boost that exists, apart from buying a car already with a blower lol

Yeah for sure sorry for all the annoying calls, hopefully tuner comes back to you with a reply. Wouldn't mind the slight rev-hunt being fixed.

For anyone interested, 150klms later running in the charger, still very healthy and definitely makes more power than when I first put it on. It powers like a turbo almost, and suprising i hit 11PSI at top of the gears but i guess the billet impeller helps there.

First gear - traction doesn't exist, it's ridiculous lol - and the supercharge whine is amazing. Definitely not quiet.

R

Risky

You'll be smiling when you race some bugger that's in an XR6 & he'll be wondering what happened lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
You should do an in car video for us. Just working through the gears, with a bit of poke of course.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
You'll be smiling when you race some bugger that's in an XR6 & he'll be wondering what happened lol

Haha dude it's easily got more power up top than a SS - but it's like an on/off switch, sorta acts like a turbo but gradly builds the Boost

You should do an in car video for us. Just working through the gears, with a bit of poke of course.

Not sure how I can do that, I don't have a recorder or go pro :p. Can't record on phone being a manual either lol.

You have a charger yourself you'd know how they go :p

Few more updates:

Coil pack was rubbing on bonnet, bought some washers and spaced it down about 1cm more - Hopefully fixed the issue but will find out as it only rubs when the engine is moving I presume.

Moved the boost guage sender to behind the strut tower and fixed up all the vac hoses so there's absolutely no kinks.

Also added coolant into the cooling reservoir - it's leaking out of the reservoir as i accidently overfilled it a bit and my car parks on a hill but will be an easy fix. - GREEEEN

Need to get this checked though, my guage worked perfectly until this morning and it wouldn't register at all, just comes up with dashes as if it wasn't connected. I think I might of got a faulty sender, since it only works sometimes. I know it's the guage because there's no issue with boost.

Also will get in touch with Tim tomorrow when he's back on deck, my computer was better but now it can't really idle again - if i stab the throttle as the revs drop it'll stall half the time. Also if i release the throttle in gear, it'll surge a bit as the revs go down. Not a massive surge but enough you can definitely feel it.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
disconnect the neg terminal for 5 min or so then reconnect it and start the car and let the ECU relearn and see if it runs any better.