Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Recieved the washer from Raptor on Thursday, fitted it up into the BOV return plumbing - car doesn't stall or mess around anymore.

Seems to all be running up to spec for the time being, in the future might opt for some decent tyres but besides that I haven't got much to do soon..

Thinking about doing my engine cover in a wrinkle black to match the charger.

For anyone who wants to know how it sounds, excuse the **** recording but i was literally doing it for sound, not for looks. Sounds pretty much the same as the video, seems like Camera is pretty damn good at recording lol.

EDIT: well actually the uploader made it look shithouse and changed the sound a bit but you get the idea.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
I had a fealing that would fix the problem! Yay I helped someone! Looks and sounds the goods mate, well done.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
That one way valve and the vertical hose vent i whacked on stop the damn fluid resi from leaking?

Yes sir, so far so good.

I had a fealing that would fix the problem! Yay I helped someone! Looks and sounds the goods mate, well done.

Thanks alot for the suggestion, still could be a LITTLE better as the revs stay up high for about a second at 1100rpm then drops down but alot better than stalling.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
This is unrelated, but have you considered getting a cold air intake box like the one I have from mace? It can make a big difference in the warmer months when not using an intercooler. Even with an intercooler it makes a difference. Low intake temps are sexy.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
This is unrelated, but have you considered getting a cold air intake box like the one I have from mace? It can make a big difference in the warmer months when not using an intercooler. Even with an intercooler it makes a difference. Low intake temps are sexy.

I have mate, it's on my to-do list on the first page.

It'll be one of the next things i do, just need to build up the bank first.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Update - Car didn't like boost.

On the way home today it back fired and then smashing happened in the engine. Can turn it over with a ratchet but it won't start, suspect failed valves but i'll find out tomorrow when i rip the **** off and look.

Long story short not sure where i'm gunna go from this road, either look for a super 6 engine and use the bottom end off that and ecotec heads or some other option.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Ouch. Bad luck. So much for building bank

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
You're not wrong, i think I might just put a standard engine in it and sell the charger off I'm not sure yet.. Might ask Raptor if they can help me advertise considering the thing has only done like 500kms it's basically brand new.

Update: Pulled it down, one side had the skirt blown off the piston, the other side had a few chunks floating around.. Valves and springs were fine but the piston had enough it seems, car did have 200xxx. You can see the marks where the bit off the piston broke and was hitting the valves from the pitting.

Only got pictures of one side pulled down, think I might source another motor and install it soon and go from there.

Last edited: