Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Another boat anchor sitting in my carport :( photos blurry, not a #### given :p

rsz_20151223_202114.jpg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
Just read the news. That's some bad luck right there. The tonner just hit 195,000km, might be a bad omen lol. I've had the charger on for about 40,000km though, so she's holding up alright. The only time I've hit the limiter in the auto is at the top of 3rd at 190km/h when I was testing the new diff. With the 3.7s she runs out of gearing at that point lol.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Just read the news. That's some bad luck right there. The tonner just hit 195,000km, might be a bad omen lol. I've had the charger on for about 40,000km though, so she's holding up alright. The only time I've hit the limiter in the auto is at the top of 3rd at 190km/h when I was testing the new diff. With the 3.7s she runs out of gearing at that point lol.

Ah well mate **** happens atleast new engine sitting aside ready to go in.

Limited has been accidently found a few times, being a manual and in first gear it just hits it so damn quick I can't miss it lol. But I was getting better at it :p

Thinking about getting my limited changed from 6100 to 5900rpm to save it just in case in the future

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
Thinking about getting my limited changed from 6100 to 5900rpm to save it just in case in the future

Yea cause i told you too :p since far as i know standard redline for a ecotec V6 is 6000rpm so not sure why the #### yours was going to 6100rpm before hitting limiter, probably what blew it the #### up.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Yea cause i told you too :p since far as i know standard redline for a ecotec V6 is 6000rpm so not sure why the #### yours was going to 6100rpm before hitting limiter, probably what blew it the #### up.

Maybe thats true, maybe it's not.

More updates:
Pulled air-con unit + the rest of the wiring off my current engine and got it towed to Marcus' house.
Afterwards went around to Brothers house with the younger brother to pull apart the new engine - manifolds, wiring loom, spark plugs, throttle body + cables as they were cut, injectors changed while there, power steering lines removed, etc as they were all cut from the wreckers.

Just need to jack up my car and unbolt the starter motor so i can remove the wiring from the battery to the rest of the car.

Then just need to bolt up the alternator, add the power steering lines + the pulley back on, bolt up the starter motor, then it should be all good to dump in when the other one is removed. I'll fit my high ratio rockers + charger after the car is running properly first. Need to also acquire new spark plugs and regap them down to 0.85 for the charger.

List to get:

Oil
Oil Filter
Power steering fluid
Coolant
Spark plugs
Engine mount - probably afterward i'll just lift the motor and change it when it's in as I don't have the $$ to do it straight away

Still need to change from motor to motor:
Air con unit
Start motor
Oil pressure switch (current one is leaking)
Power steering lines

Few snaps

Also in other news my two new subs turned up, Polk Audio MM1240 12's which will replace my boot-hog of a 15". I had the same subs in my VE ute so should punch nicely being slightly overpowered.

Don't need a big box, and only take 425WRMS but hit hard in a sealed box.

Last edited:

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore

5500rpm is standard on Auto Ecotecs, not sure if different on Manuals.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
anyone got a slave cyl around :( bleeding the damn thing and ####ing bang, exploded and shot the piston out, sprayed all inside the bellhousing with brake fluid, hopeing the clutch aint ####ed from it.

Done a bit of reading and hopefully flooding the ####ing bellhousing with brake cleaner to remove all the brake fluid and letting it dry will save the clutch since it hasnt been spun at all.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Anything that can or will go wrong always ####ing does.

I have my old slave cylinder I think we'll have to try.

Pisses me off, we literally had just the wiring loom and vac hoses to do. Now might have to take the damn gearbox out again.

Cars can #### off lol

R

Risky

No matter if a car is old or new, they will #### us off. I remember the guys & myself years ago when we jumped from HQ-HZ's we owned into newish Commodores & thinking that manufacturers are just stuffing us up with all this electronics crap.

You'll get it going with perseverance, and it'll pay off.