Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Alright, another day down, the car is running!

Firstly, i had to go buy a new clutch slave cylinder as the old one was completely ####ed. Removed gearbox, cleaned it out, cleaned up the clutch and refitted it all.
Changed the slave cylinder over, then we did all the engine wiring (which sucked balls) and refitted the charger setup.

I wasn't going to refit it, but I didn't have the standard belt, pulleys, etc on hand. So this also meant we had to take the spark plugs back out and regap them to suit.

Reconnected the charger, coil pack bracket, mounting, liquid cooling lines.

Then finally finished with a radiator rinse and flush.

FYI - I lost the bolt that holds the charger bracket so we fiddled up something in the end but that took a nice hour by itself.

ANYWAY - Summary is the engine runs smooth as ####, gearbox and clutch is also holding up well. No vacuum leaks, no boost leaks, no oil leaks.

Definitely runs smoother than my old engine, thats for sure.

Pictures of random snaps - wish i had my camera for the last photo would of been mint without the bonnet.

BIG thanks to my younger brother, and my older brother + his mate. All hands were needed for different thinking on some of the fiddly ****. I do not recommend engine swaps hahaha.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Glad you got it all working man . Still going to get it retuned ?

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Glad you got it all working man . Still going to get it retuned ?

Yeah mate, not near future though but i think i'll be a bit nicer to the car for the time being lol.

The main plan was to get someone to fabricate the piping, fit a 12/14 PSI pulley and get it retuned. But, will be in the future - now even further away lol

Engine is smooth but there's a very loud tick, i think the headers are leaking - Easy fix but on the R/H side the charger would have to come off so I'm going to delay it a little while.

Did i mention that i drove it home and i forgot to do up the gearbox bellhousing bolts to the engine? all like 7 of them? Hahahaha OOOOPS. All fixed now though, lucky nothing happened.

Have a weird thing happening now though, when i shift into reverse or fifth my inside console pops out - Maybe the stuff under the centre console but has gone all messy. Will look later, once again I CBF. I've done enough for 3 days lol

EDIT: the shifter boot came out, all fixed.

Last edited:

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Next time we are burning your car and claiming insurance.

The amount of $$ that went into this car i'd be going well backwards by burning it. We would need to strip it clean THEN burn it lol. Diff,seats,interior,charger etc etc..

R

Risky

We'd make more money selling it off as parts on eBay lol.

Mind you, I'm sure a few people here wouldn't mind a few parts :yahoo:

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
Very happy you got it running again. It's awesome that it runs smoother than the old engine. Do you think that it might have been a pre-existing issue that caused the piston to smash?

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Very happy you got it running again. It's awesome that it runs smoother than the old engine. Do you think that it might have been a pre-existing issue that caused the piston to smash?

Lead-foot-itis?

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute

Smoother but a bit gutless too ha-ha

Not really, the engine was tired and high revs and boost were not liked ha-ha.

In other news, one of the brackets that hold down the wiring loom between the pulleys came loose, and rubbed against the belt pretty much changing it from a 6 rib belt to 4 rib hahaha. Guess I'll be going to get a new belt!

R

Risky

I wonder how many cases of beer went into it all?

At least you can use the old block as a coffee table.