Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VZ 5.7L V8 SS going into safe mode

rhysyboy44

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7 v8
hey guys, i have a 2004 VZ 5.7L V8 it keeps randomly going into safe mode but usually once i pull over it will fix itself after multiple power cycles but now it seems to be getting worse and taking longer to restart. The fault is referring to the electronic throttle control system as per manual so i have replaced the fly by wire throttle body with a new part. Initially the problem went away for about 3 or 4 weeks but has now started happening again and its getting worse i would like to try and replace the accelerator pedal as i believe now maybe its the pedal that is intermittently faulting. I have a part number for the required pedal (92189343) but cannot find anything anywhere as they are a redundant part now, people in this situation what have you done ? is there an aftermarket version made due to demand ?? i just find it hard to believe that the car could be rendered useless all because of a pedal and that nobody has any other options please help

thanks

rhys

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Wreckers would be a quick fix. Get warranty on the part and return it if it doesn't work.

Clubb

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf club sport
hey guys, i have a 2004 VZ 5.7L V8 it keeps randomly going into safe mode but usually once i pull over it will fix itself after multiple power cycles but now it seems to be getting worse and taking longer to restart. The fault is referring to the electronic throttle control system as per manual so i have replaced the fly by wire throttle body with a new part. Initially the problem went away for about 3 or 4 weeks but has now started happening again and its getting worse i would like to try and replace the accelerator pedal as i believe now maybe its the pedal that is intermittently faulting. I have a part number for the required pedal (92189343) but cannot find anything anywhere as they are a redundant

part now, people in this situation what have you done ? is there an aftermarket version made due to demand ?? i just find it hard to believe that the car could be rendered useless all because of a pedal and that nobody has any other options please help

thanks

rhys
Gday mate
Mine does the exact same but is vf
I’m going to try replacing accelerator and cleaning the throttle body
Tricky one I’ve been to 3 performance shops and no one could fix

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Those pedals fetch around $1500 second hand!!

Have a read of @Jolls epic throttle fault adventure thread in his VZ. That will certainly help.