Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 vz misfiring under acceleration

Shane gc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden commodore vz
Hey team
Just after a bit of advice bought this car a month ago drove it home an hour drive ran perfect sat for a week while I got roady etc took it out last night idles fine get out on the highway plant the foot and misfiring immediately popping and farting pull back on accelerator and all good cruises fine this is not happening all the time came home went out again good as gold plant the foot off she goes for around 30 minutes came off the highway planted the foot and boom happens again it’s like it’s starving for fuel any ideas would be appreciated cheers

H

harrop.senator

I've always started with coil packs and plugs on these . Scan it and see if it's got random cylinder misfire or a particular cylinder in the stored codes.

If you pull any of the plugs out and there's oil there you'll need to do lower intake manifold gasket and a full valve cover gasket set with plug tube seals.

Might be worth cleaning the injectors also while you're there and a fuel filter if the external easy type.

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
As Harrop.Senator said I would get it scanned for error codes first. Although I am far from an expert misfiring while accelerating would make me suspect coils first of all.

Shane gc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden commodore vz
I also suspect coil pack as I can go out and it goes fine for a while then just starts from no where

Shane gc

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Holden commodore vz
I've always started with coil packs and plugs on these . Scan it and see if it's got random cylinder misfire or a particular cylinder in the stored codes.

If you pull any of the plugs out and there's oil there you'll need to do lower intake manifold gasket and a full valve cover gasket set with plug tube seals.

Might be worth cleaning the injectors also while you're there and a fuel filter if the external easy type.
Thank you for the info

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
if your going to change coil packs, change plugs as well