Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 Vz sv6 vs 2009 FG XR6

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Yeah but a cam is less noticeable then a turbo ahhaa, and Kinng I'd love a v8 hahaha
But for bugger all difference, at the end of the day you still have an alloytec. No point spending money on it unless you're going to go all out on forced induction like I said at the start of this thread. Save your money for a nice set of wheels or a quick car when you're off your P's or something.
Would the Alloytecs be capable of running a turbo? I get the feeling they would #### them selves haha.
I've seen a couple that have, theres was a turbo'd VZ V6 ute for sale in Queensland a little while ago, probably is still for sale actually.

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Yeah unless you are turbocharging it, spending money on a 6 is worthless.

Might as well wipe your ass with that money tomorrow morning, and you wont have to deal with the ####ty toilet paper of this generation.

Kinng

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
5 speed auto
There's your problem, 5 speed uses the same 2.73 rear end as the 6 speed. The 6 speed has a really short 1st gear so it hauls ass out of the hole.

Azase

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 vz sv6
Hmm yeah i guess, would it be worth looking for a ve 8 or something? or the 6L vz?

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Well, what would you rather?

A 6L VE or a 6L VZ?

I know what I would want haha.

Kinng

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Hmm yeah i guess, would it be worth looking for a ve 8 or something? or the 6L vz?

If you like the VY-VZ shape you could pick up an SS for 10-15k now days, they are really cheap, just expect to pay out the ass when you go to insure it being under 25.

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
There's your problem, 5 speed uses the same 2.73 rear end as the 6 speed. The 6 speed has a really short 1st gear so it hauls ass out of the hole.

It is better on fuel than the alloytecs and ecotecs though. Sits on 9.0 l/100km with a mixture of city and highway driving. Can't get less than 12 l/100km in the vy v6 ute doing the same sort of driving.

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
It is better on fuel than the alloytecs and ecotecs though. Sits on 9.0 l/100km with a mixture of city and highway driving. Can't get less than 12 l/100km in the vy v6 ute doing the same sort of driving.

If you have to persuade parent, this is a good point haha^

Kinng

Azase

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 vz sv6
Haha well then, ill save for vz ss or sv8? much difference?

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Haha well then, ill save for vz ss or sv8? much difference?

sv8's are basically the same as the old executives with V8's in them, they look shithouse but if you want performance without looks they're a cheap option.