Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 Omega

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Nah not yet, I've gotten plenty of quotes for the repair but the bloke who hit me is complaining that the quotes are too high for the damage... He clearly couldn't see the re-inforcment bar behind the plastic is damaged even though I've told him and it shows that on every single one of the quotes...
I'm going to have to take it to court it seems because it's been I think 5 weeks now and he's stopped answering my calls.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Yeah that's dodgey as hell, especially since you were effectively trying to be nice and give him the option to avoid all the insurance crap.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Nah not yet, I've gotten plenty of quotes for the repair but the bloke who hit me is complaining that the quotes are too high for the damage... He clearly couldn't see the re-inforcment bar behind the plastic is damaged even though I've told him and it shows that on every single one of the quotes...
I'm going to have to take it to court it seems because it's been I think 5 weeks now and he's stopped answering my calls.

Log an insurance claim with him at fault and give all his details to your insurance company. Easy.

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Good point Rufys, I'll give that a shot later today.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Yeah I agree with Rufys, he had his chance.

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Looks like my rear-bar is going to be sorted out finally :D

Called my insurance company a few days ago, provided all the information I had about the bloke who hit me and they said I could go right ahead and get the repair done :)
Booked it in for the 30th of this month (was the earliest possible :( ). The metal re-inforcment bar behind the plastic rear-bar is being replaced, and an SV6/SS rear-bar is being put on (and we're installing the reverse sensor kit just for the heck of it). Oh, and the SV6/SS diffuser will be put on too :)

ROHJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Repairs are done!
SV6/SS Rear bar was put on, as well as reverse sensors and the SV6/SS diffuser.

Purchased the SSV Exhaust system for $350, I've tried putting it on myself but didn't have enough space under the stands I was using so I've booked in with a mate tomorrow to get it put on :)

Here's a pic of the repair work, colour looks 100% exact.
scaled.php

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
i had no problem swaping my exhausts from xforce back to stock when my car was stock height and only used small car ramps from supercheap.. and im a fat #### had abit of discomfort lol

Brocko90

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SV6
Nice ride man, just wondering where you got your SSV taillights from for that price?

Cheers

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L