Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0ltr

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
ah yehh, i think i might look into that, was actually looking for a chrome grill last week but could'nt find it anywhere, sets it nicely,
:p cheerz m8 was sad to see the calais go, but moving onto bigger and better things with this, got a long way to go haha

I looked around on the net for a chrome grill for ages and after looking into ideas i came up with the idea to chrome the side like the Chev Bowtie grill's.

ZOMBIE

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
I just wrote this mammoth post and it freakin deleted it.

Low and level would be the idea but since it is a daily not to low.

If I installed an LS3 i guess it wouldnt really be a future classic anymore.

Yeah i think if i had a monaro i probably wouldn't do a conversion because the fact it would be a future classic but i would probably try and get the most out of it with engine mods.
For the price you would pay on a LS3 conversion you should be able to get a few HP out of it, full exhaust, air intake, tune, cam upgrade etc. You could go forced induction...
As for stance, SL's all round is still a low option but fairly safe driving around the streets.

ZOMBIE

RicheCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY CV8 Monaro
Yeah i think if i had a monaro i probably wouldn't do a conversion because the fact it would be a future classic but i would probably try and get the most out of it with engine mods.
For the price you would pay on a LS3 conversion you should be able to get a few HP out of it, full exhaust, air intake, tune, cam upgrade etc. You could go forced induction...
As for stance, SL's all round is still a low option but fairly safe driving around the streets.

ZOMBIE

Well the other thought I have is a Harrop 2300 blower, heads and cam.

Not should do the trick, won't do breaks till later....I mean who needs to sop.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Well the other thought I have is a Harrop 2300 blower, heads and cam.

Not should do the trick, won't do breaks till later....I mean who needs to sop.

A 2300 will be too big on an LS1, even with heads and cam. A 1900 would be your best bet.

RicheCV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY CV8 Monaro
A 2300 will be too big on an LS1, even with heads and cam. A 1900 would be your best bet.

Very good point, I didn't even think of that. Mate, glad to see you on here.

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Just ordered some Phillips Crystal Vision globes for all round, low beam, high beam and foggies.
Cant wait to get them in and see the difference!

Has anyone got any visual ideas for exterior which i could do to make it stand out from the crowd???

ZOMBIE

Last edited:

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
The Crystal Vision globes are in and they are awesome, nice bright white light.
They make a huge difference. I'll try and get some photos up soon of them.

Does anyone have any suggestions on exterior visual ideas?... im thinking painting the calipers and darker tint.

ZOMBIE

VZ Storm Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Hey ZOMBIE mate,

Good to see you continually working on your car making better and better. It is really really sweet now.

I have got my ute back since I hit that wallaby and it looks great. I will post up some pictures of it once it stops raining, I think you will like it.

I myself have installed the phillips 5000k diamond vision a while back now and they are great. It's definately a good upgrade!

ZOMBIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS Thunder 6.0
Hey ZOMBIE mate,

Good to see you continually working on your car making better and better. It is really really sweet now.

I have got my ute back since I hit that wallaby and it looks great. I will post up some pictures of it once it stops raining, I think you will like it.

I myself have installed the phillips 5000k diamond vision a while back now and they are great. It's definately a good upgrade!

Hey mate,

Thanks for the comments.
Visually looking wise i think its almost complete, want to paint the calipers and maybe something else to make it stand out, dont know what though.
Yeah the globes are great, where a good investment.
Let me know when you have some new pics.

ZOMBIE

VZ Storm Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm Ute
Another great visual you could add is a monaro bonnet. Mine now has one and all of my mates and myself think it looks awesome especially with it suiting the humps on the hardcover which you have to. When I post up my pics you can have a look for yourself and see what you think.