Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE SV6 Transmission Fault Code P01793

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Hi guys sorry if this has been discussed before i just couldnt see anything related to the issue im having right this second.

2007 Holden Ve SV6 the car starts fine used to drive for fee seconds and it just stops. Not moving foreard or in reverse. Looked under the car and there was an oil residue in the transmission oil pan.

Engine Fault Codes ( P0500 Speed Sensor)
Transmission Fault code ( P1793 Please Refer to Vehicle service manual)
EBCM Faul codes ( C0050 Rear Right wheel Speed Sensor Malfunction )
( C0045 Rear Left Wheel Speed Sensor Malfunction )
( C0569 System Configuration Wrong)
( C0245 Wheel Speed Sensor Signal Range/Performance )

The car was parked in farm for few months. And underneath the car is filthy as! And so is the inside i think they used it to transport hay! Anyways and help regarding the faults codes would be greatly appreciated. Im changing the transmission fluid and filter right now though. TIA

Edited***

Filter has metal shavings present
Going to replace filter and fluid and see how i go. Any suggestions regarding the fault codes would be great.

Attachments

• IMG_0893.jpeg
    IMG_0893.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0894.jpeg
    IMG_0894.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0895.jpeg
    IMG_0895.jpeg
    795.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0897.jpeg
    IMG_0897.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0898.jpeg
    IMG_0898.jpeg
    942.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
On a farm and a P1793 which directly relates to the TCM (transmission control module)
Well on a farm they have mice and rats and they love to eat wiring so if I were a gambling man I would say somewhere under the car they have eaten some wiring OR the TCM has failed.
I would check all the wiring to the transmission while you are under there as it should be all sealed.

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
On a farm and a P1793 which directly relates to the TCM (transmission control module)
Well on a farm they have mice and rats and they love to eat wiring so if I were a gambling man I would say somewhere under the car they have eaten some wiring OR the TCM has failed.
I would check all the wiring to the transmission while you are under there as it should be all sealed.
Thanks for the input mate, i will look for sure.

I was half way in filling the fluid and it started dripping so i thought i would start the car and change gears so fluid can flow in the system. Before when i used to change gears i cant feel anything but now i can feel it wants to move when gear changes i had to stop due to other committmens but hopefully that is a good sign the transmission not fully cooked. Fingers crossed.

Mon-aro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Wagon, VF ute
Just to keep everyone updated after replacing the filter and fluid the gears changes fine, so the transmission was dead die to clogged filter.

The P0500 Speed Sensor fault logged in the engine

P1793 Logged in the transmission still? Tried several time erase the codes but they are just wont erase? Any ideas?

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just to keep everyone updated after replacing the filter and fluid the gears changes fine, so the transmission was dead die to clogged filter.

The P0500 Speed Sensor fault logged in the engine

P1793 Logged in the transmission still? Tried several time erase the codes but they are just wont erase? Any ideas?
Did you check all the wiring in the hard to get to places where vermin get in easy?

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
I did check the plug and didnt see anything abnormal, the car have 3x omega wheels ( 19" ) and the 4th is the stch wheel ( 18") would this trigger the fault codes?
Yes all wheels must be the same rolling diameter or the ABS/Traction control gets very upset.
Wiring damage might not be at plug and could be anywhere up to the ECU.
Fault codes are probably permanent now and won't clear until the problem is sorted and a number of starts/driving has occurred.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The speed sensor can be faulty and lead to other associated faults to occur. Replacing the speed sensor isn’t fun in the 5L40e.

If the gearbox is cooked, they are expensive as fk to rebuild. $5000-$6000 and I’d plan a manual conversion and save yourself the headaches. The 5L40e is a **** gearbox.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes, make sure all wheels are the same and the tyre sizes are the same.